My Foz

Richos

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
Auto
Hi folks, I'm new to the forum. I've had my forester for about 18 months, it's got a 30mm lift sump guard and 215/65 duelers. I've had "real 4wd's" for the last 20 years and was skeptical when i first took the Subie offroad but i love it and as long as you pick our lines they'll pretty much go as far as anything else. Here'e a few pics, Cheers Richo

New to the forum and already set up better than mine :lol:. It looks great. We'll have to plan another trip soon.

looks good, I love that model Foz & you have it well set up already.

What brand of recovery tracks are they? They look very solid

Hi folks, the recovery tracks were eBay specials $130 a pair and work great! Yes they're king springs (30mm lift) but just running standard struts and seem to be ok so far and yes I love beer, fishing and camping and the white tube is for the rods :) the beach on the last pic is Derrs just north of two rocks, it gets pretty soft there in summer..

Ah yes, I have memories of digging my stock Forester out at Two Rocks.
yes I love beer, fishing and camping
Sounds like you'll fit in quite well.

yes I love beer, fishing and camping and the white tube is for the rods :)

Haha awesome lol :rotfl:

If you have carbon fibre rods, make sure you pack them in cloth or foam to absorb the shocks from the tube on rough roads, esp corrugations. CF gets "bruised" which dramatically weakens them, same reason dont ever let it bang on anything hard :biggrin:

Haha awesome lol :rotfl:

If you have carbon fibre rods, make sure you pack them in cloth or foam to absorb the shocks from the tube on rough roads, esp corrugations. CF gets "bruised" which dramatically weakens them, same reason dont ever let it bang on anything hard :biggrin:

Thanks mate, yes nearly all of my rods are composite and yes I pack them very well, my high end rods G Loomis' etc only travel in the car I would cry if I ever damaged them!
As they say my worst fear is that when I die that my wife will sell my fishing rods for half of what I told her I paid for them!

Hi! Cool you can made a comparison with 'real' 4x4s and it performs sufficiently :p

Back