What have you done to your car today?

new oil (HDEO, Diesel/multi) + filter and air filter. Easy peasy with a fumoto valve on the sump.

Also started loading up a partsouq order - rocker covers are weeping, and timing belt is coming up for replacement.

Also started loading up a partsouq order - rocker covers are weeping, and timing belt is coming up for replacement.

bah!

Just pulled the trigger - $600 poorer.

Cheap! Yes it’s $600 but it’d be $1600 in Australia from the dealer!

I swapped my O2 sensor. Now need to look into my temp sensor as it’s still got a stored code for this one. I should check these again as I might have another code or two since clearing, running, checking codes then going offroad for the weekend. Plenty of time for any other codes to show up.

Cheers

Bennie

true.. its not too hard to justify buying $600 of parts when I think just two standard services at a mechanics would easily cost that. Timing belt replacement would be $1200+, and rocker gaskets another $2-300.

After a successful overland trip from Dargaville toward our longest drivable beach and to Pouto point, I decided to do paint correction on the black paint, after meticulously washing the underbody.

I used an orange cutting pad with Farecla G3 as the main compound, then Meguiar's Swirl remover to perfect the paint. After 2 coats of Wicket Products carnauba, satisfaction. I am just finishing this can or carnauba and most likely use paint sealant in the future. I may also consider using a clear paint protection film just like the one on @Red XS's SG.

After a successful overland trip from Dargaville toward our longest drivable beach and to Pouto point, I decided to do paint correction on the black paint, after meticulously washing the underbody.

I used an orange cutting pad with Farecla G3 as the main compound, then Meguiar's Swirl remover to perfect the paint. After 2 coats of Wicket Products carnauba, satisfaction. I am just finishing this can or carnauba and most likely use paint sealant in the future. I may also consider using a clear paint protection film just like the one on @Red XS's SG.

Have you thought about having the car wrapped? This will provide you with whatever finish or colour you like. It will protect your paintwork, never needs polishing and can be removed to reveal your original finish in all its pristine glory.

Yes, [MENTION=114]Kevin[/MENTION], It took me about 6 hours for the whole car. It was muddy and sandy 2 days ago, then black and shiny after the paint correction. The process saved me NZD 400 to 500 but I used my old DA polisher for cutting.

[MENTION=15642]Beachworm[/MENTION], I am strongly considering wrapping the car so I don't have to worry about the paint, now that I have restored the paint to a very delightful condition. Cheers.

The clear vinyl wrap did a great job protecting my paint against scratches. It meant I could drive so many more places! I was using the cheapest one I could find which didn't look as good on the car and the time I left it on the car for longer then recommended it left a glue residue which was hard to clean off, but no damage. So I would highly recommend using better brands of vinyl wrap. But my paint is still in good nick thanks to the wrap.

@Kevin, here are the photos. I think this is the first time I will post a photo of my SG5.

From afar, there isn't that much difference versus the previous:
iYIhVWc.jpg

Before but on South Head and is a bit dusty.

UM4xcB5.jpg

UyRvGI2.jpg

After and off-street. This is after heavy rain, though, but it has at least 2 layers of wax.

axizI3r.jpg

The swirls are gone. The paint correction is evident on a closer scale.

@Red XS, I am to look for good-branded clear vinyl films as the ones we have here are the ones that are relatively cheap. Cheers.

WoW! Great reflection. Initially I wondered why you took a pic of a garden! :lol:

I had a black car once. Only once - they really look awesome for the first few minutes after being properly cleaned. Yours looks really good, especially with the SH alloys.

Thanks. I was to go with BE/BH Outback alloys but I had a good deal on the 5th SH alloy from a parts supplier in the South Island.

Painted Wheels

One half of the wheels painted...

attachment.php

#foresteroffroad #foresterculture #subaru #foresters #subarunation #subaruoffroad #subaruforester #subarulife #forestermafia #subaruambassador #foresternation #eatsleepsubaru #foresterfamily #forester #liftedforester #forestersport #foresterfriday #subaruoffroaders #subarulove #subaruforestersti #subarufamily

Attachments

• painted half.jpg
    painted half.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 47
[MENTION=16412]Samlove[/MENTION] was that the top or bottom half? :ebiggrin:

Lookin' good :thumbsup:

Wheel studs

Bought my 20011 Forester a couple of weeks ago and was taking the wheels off to paint...well...someone didn't know how to hand thread no less than three lug nuts and cross threaded them and decided to use an impact wrench to put them on...I got them off with the remaining wheel stud also...not a hard job but fiddly and annoying. All done and dusted now.

Attachments

• 66416394_10156490787536527_7913895628529205248_o.jpg
    66416394_10156490787536527_7913895628529205248_o.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 11
Back