SGForry

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester X 2,0l
Transmission
MT5 Dual / 1,44reduction
Hi Kevin
Sorry to disgree but im 99,9% sure These are NOT Audi pepperpots.
They look different.
e.g.
Pepperpots are 10 holes and aluminium casted rims.
The wheels in the pic (especially the 2nd pic) are 16 holes and are definitive steel.

I know the pepperpots and the shape is really different to These ones.

Had a VW Tiguan before and the steel wheels look really similar to the ones in the pics but bolt pattern was 5x112 instead of 5x100 (Size is 6,5"*16")

If Austin uses VW steeles this is really interesting and i would like to know more ;-)

Yes, it seems like they are VW steelies but can't say from which model nor the size.

so how they not same as basic impreza steel rims ?

s-l1600.jpg

Yep not pepperpots, they have less holes, and the holes are larger and more central

ah yes, my bad I should've looked more closely. :redface:

They look very similar to the steel spare that came with my SH Forester.

@scalman:
These ones look very similar but the holes are less big and the space between each hole is more than the ones Austin Day´s Forester uses.

@Beachworm
I´ve never seen this design on a SH Forester here in Europe.
May be the wheels are different between Europe and USA/Australia?
The Forester SH steel wheels over here are 5 or 10 holes.

I´ve send an email to RetroRoo , a Subi Workshop in Northglenn. They work at the Subi from time to time...maybe they know something.

I've got steelies on my SG forester, and the spare was different completely to the other rims, visually very similar to the one on that Foz.

As I'm running a 6 wheel rotation I wanted them all to match so picked up extras from the wreckers and got rid of the original spare.

Wouldn't surprise me if he's got spare rims all round - would be quite a cheap solution :)

@scalman:
These ones look very similar but the holes are less big and the space between each hole is more than the ones Austin Day´s Forester uses.

@Beachworm
I´ve never seen this design on a SH Forester here in Europe.
May be the wheels are different between Europe and USA/Australia?
The Forester SH steel wheels over here are 5 or 10 holes.

I´ve send an email to RetroRoo , a Subi Workshop in Northglenn. They work at the Subi from time to time...maybe they know something.

This style of wheel was never actually on the car. When they come with alloy wheels they put one of these steel ones in as a spare. I agree with Ben up North. It looks like he's collected a set of spare wheels to run instead of the steel ones they put on the 4 corners of the car at delivery. I sold mine with an unused OEM tyre without any problem at all.

Close, but two extra holes. :)

Desired rims are 16 hole, the Alcar ones are 18.

@Barnboy
Thank you for the link.
They look very similar indeed with 2 extra holes.

But the pic is only a sample and i don´t trust samples anymore...

"SOLVED" -> RetroRoo confirmed that These have been VW wheels but they did not tell the size...i will investigate further. :neutral:

I think the ones Barnboy quoted are the better Option because they are the correct hub size (56,1mm) and bolt size (12mm).
The VW rims i found are 57,1mm and 14mm?

@all the others
Thank you very much for Support :ebiggrin:

Regarding Alcar:
The model number is 9552 but the pic lists either a 10 hole or 18 hole wheel.
If you Choose in the configurator: Subaru / Forester / SG or SH
-> The pic of the wheel is 10 hole
-> the wheels on the Subaru model are 18 hole!
https://www.alcar.de/3DKonfigurator/index.php?lcs=kk7f8t1qqc&country=de;de

Last edited:
Back