Calling members from Brisbane

Beachworm

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester X Luxury, sump guard, bigger AT tyres and 50mm Subieliftoz lift, breather extensions
Transmission
Auto
I have just arrived home from checking out a few tracks in the Wamuran pine forest and I've found it just a bit too far from home. I've also tried out some of the power line track at Glasshouse Mountains which is a bit closer to Bris.

I am a bit nervous going bush on my own. Today there was nobody around and the tracks don't show on the GPS and I wondered whether I might end up like someone from a fairy tale being trapped in the enchanted forest.

I am wondering if there are any other members from the Brisbane area who would be interested in a day trip to Glasshouse. Pretty much any weekend would be fine but best to avoid school holidays. They don't go together well with the Bruce Highway.:lol:

If you're willing to make a weekend out of it, I'd come up from Coffs Harbour (4-5ish hr drive) if there's a campsite close by!

I'm afraid I don't do camping that's why I'm trying to organise a day trip. It is possible that we could do both days of a weekend and I am happy to see if there is anywhere to camp that you could stay. I think there are a couple of camping areas in the Glasshouse region.

What might suit you better is the long weekend coming up Sat 29th Sept to Mon 1st Oct. The Subaru 4 wheel drive club of Queensland is having a camp and drive weekend using South Ballina Beach which is a lot closer to Coffs. They are camping at Broadwater Sunrise Caravan Park ($20 per camp site per night). It will involve both beach and bush driving.

If you would be interested in joining in you can contact David Martin. I'll send you his number by private message.

Let me know if you prefer the Glasshouse idea and I'll chase up a camp site for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Im in Brissy and just got a Foz of my own. Id be so keen to try a day trip to see what the Foz can do, if youre still keen.

Back