Is sg and sh gearbox interchangable

I believe so. The SG runs 4.1 diff gears, and I believe the SH does too.

Yes they can swap but you might need to change the clutch, you always match the clutch to the gearbox not the engine.

The SG dual range gearbox & SH dual range gearbox should both be 4.111 diffs, but double check that. The single range gearbox from the XT will be 4.44

Yes they can swap but you might need to change the clutch, you always match the clutch to the gearbox not the engine.

It's interesting you say that Nacha, I'm running a gen1 ej22 with gen 1/2 flywheel and clutch setup in front of a Gen3/SG phase2 box - works no worries, even with my clutch cable ;)

This box should, in my mind, be a direct physical swap. Differences could be electrical plug connection and diff ratio (of rear diff ).

Cheers

Bennie

AFAIK, the only clutch difference you need to worry about in Subaru's is the change from push to pull type.

AFAIK, the only clutch difference you need to worry about in Subaru's is the change from push to pull type.

There are also subtle differences in height. They will fit but when you go to change gear, the clutch may not disengage if you have the wrong one

Back