Water tank storage

Sharkoverland

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
Manual
Wasn't sure where to post this but here we go. I would like to share my DIY water tank project. You guys give me your thoughts. I have made a home made 4.6 gal water tank attached to roof rack. Its made from PVC pipe 4inch diameter. You can add pressure to tank only in use very little pressure 2-5 psi. Works great around camp setup and washing the kids dirty shoes and etc. I will be posting pictures soon.

https://ibb.co/fXmhvk
167nng8.jpg

very nice execution.

Have often thought about doing this - fore-aft looks safer than left-right, which may lead to weight-transfer sloshing when half-full. Baffles would fix that, but complicates things.

very nice execution.

Have often thought about doing this - fore-aft looks safer than left-right, which may lead to weight-transfer sloshing when half-full. Baffles would fix that, but complicates things.

I thought about the same thing with the water moving around effect weight transfer. Good idea about the baffles to help with that. Believe it or not but I do often forget it is up there.

Very nice, I am looking at doing something very similar, but for use as a solar shower. Get the correct grade of pvc pipe and you can put decent pressure in there too.

Did you consider placing the pipe on top of the roof bars? I just wonder if the mountings might stress the pipe causing it to fracture ?

From the test I have performed with the water tank this location seems to work the best. Trying to keep the weight low as possible. I also use my roof rack to hold stuff.

Back