Am going to stop smoking.

I am surprised how well I've scrubbed up after not doing any exercise for around 12 years or so. I always enjoyed my bush runs and I'm happy to be off my bum and doing some serious exercise again.
So far I have been lucky. 50 years of smoking and nothing really much wrong with me at this stage if all goes well I will have a few good years left to get out and do things. :ebiggrin:

Today is 6 months with no smokes. My running has dropped off a bit...bit cold for me...but all is good. Still get a bit of an urge to have a puff every now and again but I'm NOT going to. :)

Good stuff! You'll find you keep getting cravings but they'll get less strong & less frequent. Stress & alcohol are a trigger though.

Stay strong :monkeydance:

Great to hear, Silver.

Well done, mate :biggrin:.

I found the danger period was often around 9 months out, as I always became complacent around then. I have had lots of practice at giving up smoking before I finally succeeded ...

I agree that alcohol could be a problem but I have not bought a carton of beer since last December and have only had a few beers back in Feb this year when a mate came down for some fishing.
I don't intend to buy any alcohol until I get my new car and camper and get back on the road.
I like a beer but I am now used to not drinking and really don't think about it much.

Good onya, Silver. Congratulations on both counts, mate.

I got off the fags over 30 years ago, but I don't have nearly as much exercise as I should ... :(.

Well that went quick...too quick....I have just completed 1 year with no smoking. Roughly...I'm about $4,500 better off in 1 year from no smoking and almost no drinking. It's not been hard at all really....Champix is a miracle drug!!!!:ebiggrin:

To be honest..i'm pretty happy with myself. I had grave doubts I could do it and kept putting it off because the one time I did stop cold turkey was REALLY difficult. I'm not sure my commitment would have been strong enough without using Champix but in the end it doesn't matter because I have done it and will never smoke again.:ebiggrin:
In the two years I have been in Tathra with minimal drinking and now no smoking, I reckon I am $6,500 better of and by this time next year will be $11,000 ahead. Considering the price of a better quality 50grm pouch of tobacco will be about $60 that is pretty easy to understand.

Awesome mate, well done!

There's been some research to show the biggest factor in giving up any addiction is finding a hobby that you enjoy and keeps you busy.

Go fishin'!

My new hobby at the moment is spending money on the Dmax. It's taking shape but my credit card is in really bad shape. I'll have to stop for a few months. I'll check my pics and see when I last updated.

Back