WA monthly adventure!

Welcome to the sandy state. I'd be interested in a weekend trip. Don't mind where. Won't really be any challenges at Wedge. There's also Lancelin and Tims Thicket for beach driving.

Yeah. I've been told wedge is pretty tame. Was thinking Lancelin might be a good option as well. Welbinga sounds like it has a bit of everything sand and nice and close so that's what I'm thinking as most likely at the moment.

This thread hasn't been active for a long while so I am not sure how many of you still get out and about.
For those who don't know I have recently moved to WA (Perth) and pretty keen to meet some people/hit some beaches.

I am thinking of a day or overnight trip to Wilbinga or maybe Wedge Island area if I am really keen. It's short notice but I am free this weekend so was hoping to hit some tracks if anyone interested in joining? I figure that given my sand driving experience is low I probably shouldn't hit the beaches alone...
I'm flexible with which day, times and locations so let me know if you have any better ideas.

Lancelin is easy enough
https://offroadsubarus.com/showthread.php?t=6949

Can't camp at wedge but you can drive through the little town site, dunes then up the beach/coast to grey then stay at cervantes

Wilbinga has heaps of places to explore can be a bogan central some weekends

Yeah Wilbinga has the best variety, will be a few challenging hill climbs there too and nice and close. Saturdays probably the better day for me. See if anyone else is keen.

So it looks like it is going to be a day trip to Wilbinga Saturday morning. No one has committed yet so let me know if you keen. If i don't get any takers I might go up Friday night after work instead.

I'm keen for Saturday. I could also do Friday night and/or Sunday if you're keen to make a weekend of it.

Back