Dmax coming??

I'm just having a 2 month breather before the next round of stuff. I have a Safari snorkus and a lightbar sitting in my bedroom. Also have a Gme TX3120s radio and 2 Wurton Scout Cube 4x5w cree leds for my reversing lights.
I also bought a set of proper sheepskin seat covers off Mortels in Newcastle on my way through but have not fitted them yet.

Got the ARB bar fitted and the Ironman 9500lb winch. Also picked up the Dmax alloys my kids had stored for me in Qld. It's starting to look like how it should!!:ebiggrin:

Looks as flash as a rat with a gold tooth, Silver ... :biggrin: :cool:.

For the amount of money I am spending it should have a gold key or something gold somewhere. Everytime you do something it is a $1,000 here or a $1,000 there or multiples thereof ! :surprised::shrug:

^ I know the drill only too well, mate!

How people can use the word "only" in the same sentence as "$1,000", or multiples thereof, is beyond me! Abuse of the language, perhaps?

I'm hearing you silver.... ours had to go earn itself some $s before any more could be put in the bottomless pit. Does make a a massive difference to our work though, and we can work anywhere we are now which is really awesome. Something Scooby2 would never have been able to achieve. How long before you aim to set off on your mega adventure?

Best regards,

No real mega adventure. More like a lot of skirmishes :raz:. My aim is to be ready to do something by around Sept/Oct. Sit down, have a think, maybe another cup of coffee or a tinny (hardly drink at all these days...can't afford to anymore :ebiggrin: ) and then head off somewhere. More than likely it will be down the coast of NSW from Tathra and turn west and follow the track over to the bottom of WA...Esperance and Denham maybe, and see what happens. I want to avoid the travelling hordes with their massive vans as best I can but will have to follow the weather I guess. No good being up North in the wet season. I'll be open to any opportunities as long as I can get my ute and tinny there. I will have a good metal detector with me and hope to be self sufficient for at least 7-10 days. Trial and error to start with.
At my age time flys...it's the end of Jan in a few days so it will come quick.:ebiggrin: Can't wait.

No real mega adventure. More like a lot of skirmishes :raz:. time flys...it's the end of Jan in a few days so it will come quick.:ebiggrin: Can't wait.

lol silver! The mini adventures we have are really what keeps you going I think. WA is and will be I'm sure when I get there my most anticipated venture. Hope you enjoy it as much as I am looking forward to it!

Best regards,

^ ^ Years only have 365.25 days each in them when we learn that as littlies!

At my age, that figure is down to around 180 days, with each having about 14 hours ... :poke: :raspberry:. Get shorter with every passing year. The practical proof of Einstein's time dilation theory ... :rotfl:.

It's too bloody hot and humid here to do anything outside, but at least I've finally found the proper car charger lead for my secondary battery. I'll do the shopping a bit later on, then torture the grass in the cool of the evening, perhaps.

Have a suck on that tube for me, Silver. I gave up the grog completely nearly 30 years ago. Don't miss it one bit.

I'm neither here nor there with drinking these days. I stopped because I have a limited income and wanted to get everything under control for my new car purchase and also because I wanted it to be easier to give up smoking if and when I got the will power up to scratch. I've done both and I am pretty happy with myself.
Probably just getting a bit long in the tooth but I reckon pissheads are a pain in the neck anyway. I can live without the drinking but will still have a beer or two in the right circumstances.

Things are still progressing...although a bit slow. I had ARB sidesteps and rails done the other day. The sidesteps are dual cab ones as ARB don't yet make them for spacecabs. They had to be remodelled as the front two mounts fitted but the back mount was exactly where the cab mount was welded to the chassis rails.
Lucky for me the guy that fitted them was an ex-welder and it was no problem to relocate the mount. I wanted to keep the dual cab steps as it gives me a step after the cab which I reckon is really handy.
That is just about the last MAJOR expenditure...next is free wheeling hubs, ARB recovery points x 2 and fitting the snorkus.

Well the whole build is almost complete and I picked up my new home the other day. Still things to do but hope to have everything complete by late April.

A few extra details...about 280/300 kgs, 84 ltr water tank, screens all round, marine grade top hatch, fridge slide.

It's 2.1mtrs long and 2mtrs wide. I had it made with a std single bed size instead of the double that is standard. Up the end closest to the cabin is a small 'wardrobe/hanging space. All edges have a lip on them so things can be store on top/bottom etc and won't slide around. I have a 125mm gap between the front and the tray headboard which I will probably get a storage locker of some kind made. 2mm checkerplate or similar. I'd like something with a few different things built in but need to get someone who is not going to charge rolls Royce prices as they seem to do.
The unit also has a Redarc BCDC 1225 charger built in. It has a MPPT controller in it and is wired to charge off the ute or from a solar panel and I have a compartment that I can put 1 or 2 100amp AGM batteries in. I was going to use 2 but I think one will be OK and the weight is a bit of an issue also. I want to keep it as low as possible.

Back