• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

L Series 6 Bolt Conversion - Toyota Studs?

Luke

Forum Member
The 4" lift is now on my 1986 Subaru GL and it desperately needs new rims and tires. When I do the 6 bolt conversion can I use toyota studs? I think they will be a lot easier to get a hold of. There aren't subaru's around here that I can steal parts off of. They are fairly rare cars.

I plan on redrilling the stock rims over to a 6 bolt pattern for highway use. Anyone see anything wrong with this? They're flat steel so I figjure there shouldn't be an issue redrilling. There's lots of material.

I don't see any problem with using toyota studs, just make sure you change them all to the same.

I don't know where you're located, but in oz its illegal unless its been engineered. While I've seen it done a few times without any problems I hope you understand what can possibly go wrong and what the outcome could be with this mod...

Sounds like your L will be an offroad machine once its completed!

Cheers

Bennie

Up here we don't have to get stuff engineered or anything but if a cop see's it and deems it unsafe he can flag it. After that it must be inspected before it can be driven on public roads again.

I'm building this car properly and I'm going to keep a copy of the regulations for vehicles in my car incase I do get pulled over.

It's already huge with the lift kit so I can't wait to get new tires on it as well.

Back