Remote Centre Locking

Biko

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester Premium
Transmission
Auto
The remote centre locking on my 2005 Forester is erratic, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, though the cenre locking always works using the door switch. It happens with both keys and I've replaced the battery on the main key I use so I don't think its the remotes. I've taken out the relevany fuse cleaned it and put it back but no change. My Haynes manual is no help. Any ideas please?

Many thanks Biko

There are a couple of places that I regularly park at and always find that the remote is ineffective. Probably just ambient interference that prevents the radio signal from the remote being correctly detected by the receiver in the car. Not really much you can do about it as far as I know.

Has it been cold? I've noticed that with the past few really cold days here in Sydney, my central locking has not worked. Worked fine later in the day though.

Last edited:
Ditto the cold.
Although for me its the key thats cold - put in in a pocket for 5 mins before I leave in the morning and its ok. But if I just pick it up as I walk out the door it can be troublesome. I think its new battery time.

And Ive also had interference - so is this happening at the same place?

G'day Biko & :welcome:

I'll have a go at that DN (warming keys in pocket)

I too have noticed that my remote is erratic at times & come to think of it, it's mainly only early in the morning (when it's cold) that it tends to play up. But once it's time to come home from work in the afternoon it works fine.

Regards
Mr Turbo

I've also had some problems with my keys. Replaced the batteries in both of them and one is working fine and the other worked ok for a while and now doesn't work at all. Thinks I'll try swapping the batteries.

Brian

Yep - swapped the batteries and have come to the conclusion that one of the new batteries I bought has died (even though it shows 2.98v on the voltmeter).

Brian

Replaced the battery this morning and now have two working keys!

The last battery I bought must have been old or faulty.

Brian

Back