• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Forester Rally Car...Diesel

carljwnc

Emeritus Forum Staff
New member, Subaru Loyalist, posted this on FB the other day. Sweet!!!

Nice captioned commentary, 10 mins well spent watching. Who says a diesel has to be slow???

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tllqxPvsR9U"]Subaru Forester Turbo diesel rally car drivers eyes - YouTube[/ame]

Great video Carl and an awesome course. You're rite, 10 min well worth spending. That TD Forry must be a torque monster and more fun than a 3 way to drive!
That course has my name all over it, kinda reminds me of West Virginia gas line roads.

What a great vid :ebiggrin: Fantastic !!

The captions & commentary are top notch :raz:

I also totally agree..... Who says a diesel has to be slow??? :monkeydance:

Regards
Mr Turbo

I wonder why he is using the left foot braking that much, ok for the turbo to always be under charge but the brakes are suffering hard...not that good.

BTW, nice video, I felt as I was in the car !

On most race cars (the sponsored ones, anyway), brake components are considered 'consumables' and probably replaced between competitions...the team probably has data on and a fair idea of just how long they can punish the brakes before loss of effectiveness...loved the vid thanks

G'day twowings :welcome:

Great vid, didnt seem that fast till they told you they were doing 160kmh :eek:

Cracked me up they still had the interior trim incl the rear panic handles...expecting passengers? lol :rotfl:

I think in most motor sports they use the brake in conjunction with the throttle to keep up engine momentum. Esp important with turbos where you never want the turbo to spool down but even with NA engines. They do this heaps in NASCAR & Indycar on the ovals. AFAIK it started with gocarts where you keep your foot flat on the throttle & left foot brake to slow down, then ease off as you reach the apex & you're already on full power...

Love the captions too & the different camera angles. Cant wait to try the bumper cam next time I go across the Black Spur :biggrin:

Cracked me up they still had the interior trim incl the rear panic handles...expecting passengers? lol :rotfl:
Yea, what's up with that? Most of the trim and dash still on (folded seats in the back?) Sure it's a diesel and it has the torque to deal with the weight, but it's still dead weight! And air con?? Let me guess, wife's car? :poke::raspberry:

I left foot brake also, as well as heel-n-toe. Got into the habit after I realized how boring it is to have my foot just resting ;)
It also makes me faster! More control = more speed.

Very cool to see a (1) Forester (2) diesel driving a (3) rally in the woods!

Back