• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

How to improve SH rear wallow?

Please keep things civil and amiable, everyone :poke: :cool:.

I haven't posted anything much over the last year because of illness, but I do watch.

Santa's bringing me a pacemaker at the end of next week, so I can do without any aggravation.

Get my drift?

[EDIT] Just to get this thread vaguely back on track (pun intended ... ;)), the wallowing that our SH had was fixed mainly by fitting new front lower control arms and bushes.

Fitting new tyres didn't hurt, either. The old tyres were original with around 110,000 kms on them, and still had about half their tread. Were as hard as the hobs of hell though, at about 9 years old.

[end edit]

Good luch with the ticker! One of those kept my old man going for an extra 30 years or so. Well worth the effort.

Thanks, Ben.

It will be stage 2 of what might be 4 stages. The first was cardiac ablation to (partially) remedy my highly irregular heart beat. Stage 3 may well be getting my weird tachycardia under control, then address highly variable blood pressure.

My heart is mechanically in good nick (although I have a mechanical mitral valve), it seems that the electrical system is not working properly.

New wiring loom and ECU required ... :thumbsdown: :rotfl:

I needed a valve regrind a couple of years ago. Like you, I found it running roughly afterwards but I only needed a retune rather than a full ecu and loom replacement. I kept all the genuine parts and avoided those aftermarket ones that don’t last as long. The downside to that is I have very limited range even on a full tank. All the best, such things are no fun.

Thanks, Tony.

Apparently my Non-OEM St Jude Medical mitral valve will last much longer than I will.

My "fuel tank" lasts about 5-10 minutes for the last year.

After 6 days in Epworth and no definitive diagnosis, I diagnosed myself (very dangerous, but right!), then I changed cardiologist and hospital. He confirmed my diagnosis within 5 minutes ...

Yes, I apologise, I probably went a bit overboard. This talk of hearts is a good reminder that we're all human, we all have expiry dates & we should all make the most of what we have now. Dad had cardiomyopathy & was given 2 years. He was a tough old bugger & proved them wrong, lasting 10 years. My BIL suddenly died from SADS (sudden arrhythmic death syndrome - the one fit footballers die from on the field). He was extremely fit & healthy with 2 young daughters, a reminder that none of us should take anything for granted.
[MENTION=44]Rally[/MENTION], apologies, & to everyone else too

Thanks, Matt.

I always tell people that this site is the only polite and thoroughly decent forum I have ever come across on the internet. Glad to be proven correct once again by the adult behaviour which we should all strive towards (self included).

Holy smokes batman! Been away for the long weekend without cell reception. Happy to see this has resolved itself!

(Yes, the Iveco Daily 4x4 has 3 lockers. I have researched the hell out of it as I want it for my next vehicle)

Yeah Kevin, this thread has had a bit of wallow these days !

Just to get this thread vaguely back on track (pun intended ... ;)), the wallowing that our SH had was fixed mainly by fitting new front lower control arms and bushes.

Interesting observation - certainly worth checking for those trying to improve their on-road handling, as the front lower control arm bushes take a lot of beating and are one of the first critical suspension bushes to wear out and get sloppy on just about every Subaru.

With my SH I detected movement in bushes of both front and rear suspension. It was horrible.

Back