Do you experience torque steer?

Swellpix

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester xt
Transmission
5mt
I have an '04 FXT lifted 4". Even when it was stock, I experienced some torque steer under heavy acceleration, but it was always pretty predicable, and 99% of the time it was to the right.
Now with the lift and big tires, the torque steer is more pronounced, and far less predictable. Is this the way it is, or is there some add on that I can get to combat this behavior? It doesn't bother me that much, but I was just curious.
Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I get it sometimes depending on road conditions but you'll have more power going to the wheels!

Theoretically, due to Subaru's symetrical AWD system there should be no torque steer when stock. Well I always thought that was the point of it being symetrical anyway. :)

What usually gives torque steer is a bad alignement, used bushings or tires not evenly inflated.

I only got torque steer in my Subarus when I combined a front lsd with a turbo charged engine. If you’re getting torque steer without having both of these, then something is probably wrong with your car.

They Don't call it Death Valley for nothin'. I replaced the ball joints a couple days ago. Got some adjustable Rallitek sway bar end links last night...No more noise, no more ***ahem** excuse me... waaay less torque steer, but most importantly no more noise! Lol! I know it's close to Christmas, but I can't stand jingling. Ho ho ho![emoji318]
4496b009cacdeedfc6b08e050c74e56e.jpg

Do you have an ADF lift kit? Improper camber & caster offsets cause all sorts of issues including torque steer
Momma says if you can't say something good about someone...Well, you know the rest. I can neither confirm nor deny an A*F lift.

I only got torque steer in my Subarus when I combined a front lsd with a turbo charged engine. If you’re getting torque steer without having both of these, then something is probably wrong with your car.
When I said stock, I just meant not lifted. [emoji6] Oops.

Well when my EJ22 was a bit younger and I drove with more of a lead foot in wet conditions I used to experience torque steer. With the fresh LSD the steering wheel would gently pull one way then the other but still track in a straight line if that’s what I wanted.

I haven’t experienced it in ages. I might have to give it some berries the next time it’s wet and see what happens.

Cheers

Bennie

As a new member here my views don't matter much at this point , but I had bout of increased torque steer recently .
It turned out that it was a very slow puncture on the rear left , combined with all the above comments about adverse camber (uk roads) and worn parts all made for a hair raising ride.

Back