• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

New Suzuki Jimny

Jimnys are very cool and extremely capable off-road. Years ago in our local club several of the wives had Jimnys and we would get 3 or 4 of them on a trip. Excellent little 4WDs.

It sort of looks like the Sierra. I had a 96 Sierra. off road no big 4x4 could come close.
I had a bumper sticker on the back that said "I'd rather roll my zook than drive a jeep!"

Man i loved that Zook.

Really Close to the former model.....
Hope they Keep the 1,2l NA engine in. Don´t think the 1.0l Boosterjet will last that Long if the car is used offroad...
Personally i don´t like the look of the new front.

Jimnys are most used for Tria competition in my country and the Offroad capability is really awesome for this cheap littly car.
Downside: Onroad ride Quality is far away to what is Standard nowadays....

I visited the Geneva Motor Show today but no new Jimny. It should be released next autumn after the Paris Motor Show.

Did you see anything interesting at the show?

It is great that Suzuki is offering this, looks perfect for a 20-year old!

I guess that a big challenge for all makes of 4x4 is figuring out the overall configuration.

If you take what Toyota did to the Land Cruiser, you end with one extreme, from a US-perspective. 25-year service life is as unnecessary in the US, as is outwordly reliability. Toyotas half the price of the LC are plenty reliable and durable enough. Then, in attempt to please people on the long paved road drives to/from places of interest as well as around town, Toyota threw everything at the Land Cruiser, making the 200-series a bit of everything and a whole lotta of 90,000$ nothing at the end of the day. Magazines have to carefully pick a serious trail so that they can claim that the LC still "has it" when it does not (in stock form). And how many people would buy a 90,000 vehicle to lift it out of the gate? Or install a rear locker?

This Suzuki strikes me as the opposite extreme. I am sure it is very capable with that footprint and the Samurai's pedigree. But it is so tiny, so under-powered, and surely so unrefined that it is unclear to me how it would get you through those 500-1000 km to the areas of interest. It strikes me as something fun if you have an abundance of interesting terrain right around your town, for up to 2 people or 1+1 dog!

they amazingly capable if lifted and with lockers , they even untouchable as they so light that they dont even sink where other big brothers 4wd sink down. so if properly modded they true beasts. again i allways seee one or more jimnys in russians offroad videos, and where mighty patrols sinking , jimny just passing on top like its nothing happens.
i mean they can look beasty too
Image-of-Suzuki-Jimny-Lift-Kit-3.jpg

s-l300.jpg

but as small as they are , they are not cheap at least here where i live. thats reason why not so many them are here , very rare i see jimnys here.
and you cant have it as your only one car as its just too small for some needs no matter how you would look at it. so it should be as second car for fun kinda.

i can allready see that do same with noew 2018 models and how cool they will look as now they kinda more boxy and retro looks on them.

2018-suzuki-jimny_827x475_71504007265.jpg

real testing

2018-suzuki-jimny_827x510_41504007298.jpg

2018-suzuki-jimny-spy-photo-main-image.jpg

front window looks smaller no ? so its worse visibility , why ? see driver shoulder its same line as front window starts.

No, nothing really interesting. Europe is not very 4x4 friendly so the offer is quite limited but I looked at the new Jeep Wrangler, the SsangYong Musso, Dodge Ram, Mercedes G and all the mid-size pickups...but I was really waiting for the new Jimny !

How did you like the new Wrangler?

It will have early production quirks, but I think they really nailed it this time. You can see the Italian imprint on the exterior and interior design and the out-the-box capability is even crazier than before. It also drives way better than the JK that preceded this JL model. It will never handle like a Subaru but over rough freeway the ride is better than a Toyota 4Runner and much better than any utility Subaru.

Of course, it is also quite pricey now and still not what you want if doing ultra remote offroading solo or having a family etc (though a lot of people do use the Unlimited version as a family hauler).

The new Wrangler looks like a big toy for big boys, nice, but I wouldn't want one, its a bit too bling-bling like a christmas tree but sure must be very capable off road !

That new wrangler have like lowest gear ratio ever so its must be like crawling king. I dont mind look of it but thats what real offroader should do without mods be. Very capable.

they have one problem thou. as small cars they cost too much at least here. so not much people really buying them here. i almost not see any small suzuki cars here at all. without mods you wont do much with it, and with mods you go to high $$$ area. and if you want locker on it then its become expensive small car. and its very small. so just for local area to use.

They aiming for some kind of Hummer look?

small army of jimnys awaits. they look kinda boxy from far . like small boxes
2018-suzuki-jimny-spied-without-camouflage-debut-imminent-125954-7.png

2018-suzuki-jimny-spied-without-camouflage-debut-imminent_2.jpg

they should be cheaper thou . for size and comfort.

hmm i cant see his avatar.

Back