...after "the great crash of '08"...

ggvfr

Forum Member
How did everyone cope without ORS?

I know that I found AuSubaru (Backyard Boys) to be interesting but not with the same late model focus as on ORS.

I also spend lots of time on SubaruOutback.org but missed the Aussie content and chance to do trips etc.

What did everyone else do?

And, on a tangent, has anyone heard how TonyW is going? I know he was getting involved with his music and such but it must have been a difficult time trying to sort out the website. Any word? Maybe Drew or Zed has heard from him?

Cheers
Garry

I felt very empty without my daily fix of ORS.
I did visit a few other sites but really missed the offroad format. Most other places were more or less into the bling side of things. Not that that is a bad thing, it's just that I prefer the dirty, dusty, muddy things that my Forry is capable of doing.

Regards
Mr Turbo

You can change the look, down at the bottom left there is a box with a drop down menu and you can use this to change the style

How did everyone cope without ORS?

I know that I found AuSubaru (Backyard Boys) to be interesting but not with the same late model focus as on ORS.

I did the same, found these guys mostly aimed at the older Subies and most are based in WA.........

I drove up and down the service back roads at my college every other day or so.

Then I got obsessed with getting better MPG since I'm broke and gas is $$$$$

Found myself back at my old Impreza stomping grounds rs25.com alot

Garry - search my posts about Tony - he's ok, but had a change of direction & lacking SPARE time ... ;)
Drew is very similar, but Drew is on the WRX Club Committee with me so I see him a fair bit still.
Zed I spoke to on MSN, busy with life in general & of course a Kluger man now.:(

For me it was GTrydaz that got me through the ORS drought.....they do tend to lower their Foresters as opposed to lifting which is amusing. Not much offroad content there but a very keen enthusiastic bunch of guys. Pete_mac and pete_macs_dad are both a wealth of Subaru mechanical knowledge. Highly recommended!

While I was lurking there I downloaded the instructions to:
a) Fix the clock
b) Install Jaycar speakers
c) Install a boost gauge
d) Maybe wind up the boost a tad using a manual boost control.

I've bought the gauge but that's as far as I have got so far.....ain't that always the way?

ps: JMK - have you checked out www.hypermiling.com ? I've only just heard of this phenomena, Hypermiling seems to be quite an extreme attempt at reducing fuel consumption. I prefer to employ some of their methods to do what I call "Eco Driving".

I saw some results when I was googling hypermiling and found some US owners are getting some great mileage using Hypermiler methods.

Last edited:
I did the same, found these guys mostly aimed at the older Subies and most are based in WA.........

Initial impressions of this site may draw you to this conclusion. Being a member on there for the best part of 3 years now (we too had a crash in 2006) I can tell you that if you've dug around the site there is a bit of everything in there. And the WA members are just a very active bunch - I went to their end of year BYB BBQ last year, 40+ subaru's of all shapes and lift sizes rocked up. It was one of the best experiences with a bunch of like minded people I've had - and I have a forum to thank for that...

When that site went down - apparently due to the server host company going into liquidation without warning - I too felt lost and needed my fix. Even when I've been a way for a little bit I need a "fix" too.

I guess that everyone is partial to the site they stumbled across first. While I do enjoy ausubaru I decided to look a little further out. Kris - Suby87 (on the au forum, I don't know his username on here) first introduced me to this site after a 4wd'n trip we did out at eppalock this time last year. I checked it out but didn't become a member til now...

I had a bit of a chuckle at your comment Caddyman, I just wanted you to get a bit of a bigger picture about the site from someone who has interacted with it for a few years with many more to come...

Cheers

Bennie

Couldn't agree more, I think ausubaru was the first site I stumbled upon as well actually...

My Physics teacher got me onto it... He's got a lot to answer for but still remains a good bloke.

Bennie

Back