Trouble in the Northern Territory

I still think I'll end up getting a Paj or Paj sport eventually.

Tweaksta, I believe the Paj sport is based on the challenger platform with the live rear axle. The Pajero is a completely different (and in my opinion, better) all independent suspension. We love our new to us NP diesel auto. Dunno when it’ll become the offroad machine, but we’re loving the extra space and the diesel grunt.

If you haven’t already, check out www2.pajeroclub.com.au ;)

@Kevin; - you had money for a bottle shop run after all of that?? Well done!! In Alice did they have a one visit per day policy at the bottle shops? I ask as that’s what we came across during our time in Broome (unfortunately subi-less)

Cheers

Bennie

and the Challenger is a Triton wagon! ;-)

Had to show my licence for each visit to the bottle shop in Alice but didn't need to go more than once a day :) Police are in attendance at these shops and I was chatting with one of the boys in blue and alcohol related offences of various types have dropped dramatically since this action - which is a great outcome.

I was flattered when i had to show ID to buy grog in the alice, till i found out the real reason!!
Greensuby

@El_Freddo

and the Challenger is a Triton wagon! ;-)

Had to show my licence for each visit to the bottle shop in Alice but didn't need to go more than once a day :) Police are in attendance at these shops and I was chatting with one of the boys in blue and alcohol related offences of various types have dropped dramatically since this action - which is a great outcome.

I take it that this has also put a dent in the sly grog business as well Kevin?
It is good the hear that this ruling has had the desired effect on alcohol related offenses in the outback, something needed to be done and this simple one is working.

:woohoo:

The builder that built our last home (where you visited) owned a Toyota Landcruiser 4WD, I used to tease him all the time by telling him that whenever he got bogged to ring me, and I'd come and get him with the Rescue Vehicle... our 2003 XS Forester, it used to crack him up. :biggrin: :biggrin:

So, just to close off this report: The "strange rattle" was the auto-tensioner which "automagically" tensions the belt for the alternator and power steering pump.

Is that by design or did they have to replace it?

In the case of Subarus, the idler bearings are offset a bit more creating some sort of sound but they said the design has better performance.

Replaced (free of charge) - I should've mentioned that of course, thanks for the prompt @ABFoz!

Back