Mountain Biking

5707464754_1dd879c674_b.jpg

5633619240_5a6f199207_b.jpg

^^ I too have a Specialized Hardrock that I paid next to nothing for. (actually, I didn't pay a dime for the bike, just $80 for the upgraded wheels, and another $50 for an upgraded Tora 302 fork). Gotta love friends who never ride, but buy bikes like they're going out of style. :)

mountainbike001.jpg

Very nice! After doing a bunch of reading, the capa forks are pretty crappy, so i'll be upgrading those for sure. What size tires are you riding on there? Mine has 26x2.0 and they look small to me. Any problems fitting 26x2.2 you think?

Bought my wife a new bike a couple of months ago now. Ended up getting a mens bike with a womans specific saddle as the spec for price couldn't be matched in a ladies frame. She loves the 'sparkly' blue frame and, as long as I keep it clean, doesn't care about anything else! Recently put a new set of grippy flat pedals on it as she doesn't like the clipless. She's getting more confident on the descents with rear suspension and wider bars than the old hardtail she was on.
ZDSCN2115.jpg

ZDSCN2117.jpg

Well if you're ever mountain biking in South Africa, keep your eyes open for these guys!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdM94SBJvj0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdM94SBJvj0[/ame]

Had the Pitch out on the trails again for a proper ride this week. My skills are getting better, and I've started to experiment with tyre pressures. It appears that actually running higher pressures suits the bike and my riding style much better than before. Very happy with how the bike is performing and how it's helped me develop my skills. Took dad's Hardtail (Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc) out over the weekend, and found I got annoyed with it. It is a great bike, but I've become accustomed to having the grip and stability of a dual suspension bike.

Planning to do a ride through Penrose State Forest in my next Uni holidays. It will involve a bit of light offroading, camping and MTBing.

Here's my ride, it's got a solid fork up front now, no time to overhaul the suspension fork.

Leave it!!!:iconwink: I'm J/K, I would love to have a full ridged bike, but certainly not as my primary ride, I'm too old for that.:)

On the other end of the spectrum, I won't allow myself a full suspension bike, I go way too fast on my hard tail as it is, and the faster you go, the bigger the injuries (but I sure would have fun:twisted:).

Back