• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

1,000,000 km subaru

:thumbsup: good one.

Cool. I noticed he said that people with other Subaru greet each other. I always wave to other Forester drivers, hardly ever get wave back. My wife thinks I'm crazy.

Acknowledging drivers of the same marque is an old tradition. I remember when I had a Peugeot 404. Every other Peugeot driver gave me a wave or flashed their headlights because we were proud to be driving what was recognised as a great car. Things have changed, however and cars are simply a means of getting from A to B for most people and they change regularly with no loyalty.

Such an inspiring story for a Subaru owner. Now we know that the ODO will stop at 999,999 kms.

If you are the owner, you will be very, very satisfied with its purchase.

I also found another one on YouTube but this one is a 2.5L 4EAT. Based on his story the person that owned the car used to be towing/delivering caravans. This might be the same 800,000 km Subaru that popped up on subaruoutback.org a few years ago.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqoOYUX44Og"]MY 1000000KM Subaru (621 371 miles) - YouTube[/ame]

Acknowledging drivers of the same marque is an old tradition. I remember when I had a Peugeot 404. Every other Peugeot driver gave me a wave or flashed their headlights because we were proud to be driving what was recognised as a great car. Things have changed, however and cars are simply a means of getting from A to B for most people and they change regularly with no loyalty.
When I was growing up we had a 504. And the same thing, people would wave and flash. That's why I do it in the forester. Too bad too sad now.

I haven't encountered a proper Subie Wave here yet. There was one who technically waved but that may be because people do that here in the rural areas or provinces away from the cities.

In Auckland, there is an influx of Subarus but most of them are brand new ones. There are still enthusiasts roaming around and when you talk to them, they also appreciate the brand a lot, so there is a chance that when those people are waved at, they may wave back. I will still try but maybe I have to do the wave like how Jerry does it, hands outside the car.

The other day I got my first thumbs up from a fellow Forester owner as I pulled into a super cheap auto store. There was only one car space left which was right next to a slightly newer but very........very lowered Forester,
I parked next to him and because my car has a 2 inch lift I was literally looking down at him.
He smiled and gave me a thumbs up which I thought was cool and I gave him one back.
I don’t see many lowered Foresters around so it was cool to see 2 foresters, both on different ends of the spectrum parked next to each other and to have him give me a thumbs up and not think I’m silly for modding my Forester in the opposite direction of his lol
Literally [emoji23]

1WD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's strange that you don't see many lowered Foresters. There seems to be a rash of them where I come from. I rarely see a lifted Foz. I've seen a few with AT tyres but outside the Subaclub they're like hens teeth.

I ran into a bloke with a lowered SH (XT) and we got to talking. Turns out he's a mechanic at KMart Tyre and Auto so I now take my car there for service and he makes sure it's looked after.

There's a few modified Subarus in Cairns of various models, but by far the most common Suby up here is stock. they're so prevalent that it could hardly be considered a 'Marque' (or in the case of Peugot an oddity.. :lildevil:) and thus most drivers don't appreciate that they're driving something a little bit different.. :)

I do tend to give a little wave to any modified subarus I see when I'm in mine, but most days I'm in my little work buzzbox.

Hopefully I’ll meet more people like you when I move to Bendigo lol

1WD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always wave to anyone with an ORS sticker or in lifted SFs and SGs because they are offroad Subie enthusiasts like me...

Try to include lifted SH Foresters too or you'll miss me.:lol:

Back