saggy baggy forester

marvellous_matt

Forum Member
Ive had a saggy baggy back end for quite a while, in need of new coils. it was sitting about 15mm lower than the front(my05 forester X, 135000km). well I had a pair of new springs put in by pedders today, the quote was 395 fitted, however I only had to hand over 280 when the job was done. I understand the springs are 15%heavier than originals, Im very happy with the looks, Ill post a report when I have driven it for a bit and coment on the ride and handling.
cheers from Matt

G'day marvellous_matt & :welcome: mate.

I understand the springs are 15%heavier than originals, Im very happy with the looks, Ill post a report when I have driven it for a bit and coment on the ride and handling.

It will be good to hear what you think of them once you have a few km's on them. :)

Regards
Mr Turbo

well a few months on and the springs are doing well. I'm generally happy, If I was to do it again I think I would go stiffer. She is definitely stiffer in the back end, I don't have passengers often and there has not been any negative comments so far. handling is no different that I can notice.
Cheers from Matt

Cheers, Matt. Thanks for the heads up. My MY05 (bought August 2004) Forester has been saggy at the back since it was near-new, and it's always bugged me. This might be a good 150,000k present for it.

Now, if only I could foind some decent bloody tyres .... the magnificent Michelin Synchrones are getting pretty worn but they don't bloody make them any more. sigh

Back