Replacement wipers - bosch aerotwins

Eastie

Forum Member
Ever since new we've had problems with wiper blades on the forester and have gone through about 5 different sets in 3.5 years trying to find something that works and isn't annoying . The ones with two metal edge strips never gripped the rubber and the rubber has always worked it's way out and hit the edge of the windscreen after a couple of uses, the ones with integrated plastic frame/rubber were never the correct length and always shuddered.....

Earlier this week I took the OE brackets off the wiper arms and replaced them with bosch aerotwins, and after testing in the rain over the past few days I finaly have a set of wipers that work with rubber that won't dislodge.

https://www.bosch.com.au/content/language1/html/715_5934.htm

I picked them up from supercheap for about $23ea and they fit perfectly. Time will be the test, but straight up they are 10x better than OE and everything else I've tried.

I found genuine ones the only ones that worked for me, but not tried these

how much were they? iv'e used these silicoln ones from supacheap auto. they only last about 5-6 months but while they last they work a treat. probably the best i've used. i think there a Aunger brand. $10 a pair

Mine are on their last legs & are due to be replaced, so I might have to grab a set & see how the go.

Regards
Mr Turbo

Genuine ones were good(despite melb subaru stealership network trying to charge $80 inc fitting!) when whe had a genuine windscreen, but when it fractured and was replaced they chattered.

'09 Forester Wiper Blades

I just replaced Blubaru's wipers with ones from the '09 Forester.:cool: They have an airfoil carrier and the drivers side blade is longer while the passenger side is shorter. They work GREAT!!! Lot's of folks on sf.org have done this and I haven't heard a bad thing yet.

I just replaced Blubaru's wipers with ones from the '09 Forester.:cool: They have an airfoil carrier and the drivers side blade is longer while the passenger side is shorter. They work GREAT!!! Lot's of folks on sf.org have done this and I haven't heard a bad thing yet.

I've got the 09 Forester aero wipers too and they are AMAZING!! Can't say enough good things about them... no more chattering and clacking.

I've experimented with blades also.

I've since gone back to a cheap set from Autobarn, I'd say not to dissimilar to what Eden may be using. They cost me $12.

I was using a twin blade setup but found that I was cleaning double the amount of blades for the same result :confused:

Yeah, the time between changes is a little closer, but at least my glass wipes clean time after time :)

These may be worth a try the next time. They look flashy, like the ones on the big expensive European cars :p

Just had a look at the new foz and the wipers are the same style as the aerotwins. Volvo and vw are also using them.

Just had a look at the new foz and the wipers are the same style as the aerotwins. Volvo and vw are also using them.

Ah, that makes sense now... my husband works at a Subaru/VW dealership, and he said about the 09 Forester wipers that VW has been using them for years!

That's them - obviously been around a bit longer in the states.
I'm not surprised that there's so many good reports about them.

'09 Forester wiper blades ROCK!!!.....:yourock:

Even on a Toyota.....
43sm.jpg

Go ahead and totally screw up Ben @ Hodge's Subarus carefully planned inventory and order two passenger side (17") for your Yota.;):lol: You will not regret it.

I recently replaced the wipers (blades+arms) on both my 03 Forester and 89 Pulsar with Bosch single blades. No chatter, and not $$. Now to see how long they last.

Back