• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Aussie Outback updated in 2014

waggaclint

Forum Member
The Subaru Outback has been updated for the 2014 model year with tougher exterior styling and a $500 price rise across the range.
Refreshing the Outback are dark-tinted headlights, a set of dark grey alloy wheels and matching front grille trim.
The side sills and cladding, wheel arch guards, front mud flaps and roof rails (with integrated cross bars) are finished in black, contrasting with lighter front and rear underbody guard protectors.
Subaru says the exterior enhancements offset the $500 price rise, claiming that they add more than $2500 value to the 2014 Outback.

2014_subaru_outback_upgrade_02-0917-m:610x450.jpg

Subaru Australia managing director Nick Senior says the Outback’s revised exterior design is a result of the brand listening to the requests of its customers.

“We’ve had a lot of customer feedback suggesting owners would like a slightly tougher-looking Outback with greater body protection, which is especially useful on rural roads where this wagon rates highly,” Senior said.

The updates come just eight months after Subaru launched the 2013 model year Outback, which brought with it price cuts, a revised petrol engine and upgraded standard equipment levels.

2014-subaru-outback-2-625x384.jpg

2014-subaru-outback-4-625x376.jpg

2014_subaru_outback_upgrade_06-0917-460x272.jpg

2014_subaru_outback_upgrade_05-0917-m:610x450.jpg

FUGLY.

Nick, what people want is a good looking car. Like the previous generation Liberty/Outback. A dual range 6 speed would be nice too. And turbos mounted up high to keep them away from water during water crossings.

FUGLY.

Nick, what people want is a good looking car. Like the previous generation Liberty/Outback. A dual range 6 speed would be nice too. And turbos mounted up high to keep them away from water during water crossings.

+1 for what Rally said and 1 inch suspension lift.

That looks perfect to me. I'd buy one, prob over a new f forester. I'd go for the diesel with 7 speed cvt auto. A 6 speed manual would be on the cards too!

Ha.. I like it. Scooby2 is safe tho. Will have to age and prove itself at least another 10 years tho

Best regards,

I hear every car will come with a free, fully trained labrador and a long white stick

I like the look of the black cladding but I think that'll be hard to maintain if you wanted to maintain a clean car. Hopefully it doesn't fade too much over time.

Overall I'm not a fan of the Gen5.

Has anyone lifted a Gen4?

I agree, it does look a bit tougher with that cladding but overall not so pretty. The roof line isnt too bad & from the back its alright but from the front & sides...ugly!

I thought the view from underneath was the best angle. Seriously though, the revision looks like what it is- an after thought. Even then, you still get those hideous headlights and the frumpy side styling end everything else that blights this model. My parents took one look at the Liberty and were turned off immediately. The Mazda 6 is a far better looking car- even if the front is the least appealing, it is far better than the Subaru. Someone needs to send the Japanese drug squad to Subaru HQ it seems.

The black cladding is overkill IMO, and ruins the look completely - I like the black on SF and SG Foresters, but this looks stupid. Grey rims - Sick maaate! Don't forget the price increase too! (I'm stunned that these days some of the Europeans are better value for money!)

What is going on at Subaru HQ?

Last edited:
Subaru says the exterior enhancements offset the $500 price rise, claiming that they add more than $2500 value to the 2014 Outback.

I don't get this bit, are Subaru giving away $2,000.00 with every 2014 OB sold?

I can't really see that happening, not with Subaru anyway.

I don't get this bit, are Subaru giving away $2,000.00 with every 2014 OB sold?

no, it means they are putting on $2500 worth of extra bits for a $500 price increase. But that is at dealer RRP prices , which means the bits are worth around $500..

Shame about the headlights otherwise I dont mind the looks.

no, it means they are putting on $2500 worth of extra bits for a $500 price increase. But that is at dealer RRP prices , which means the bits are worth around $500.

But in reality Subaru make 400% gross profit if we buy them from a Dealership, is that right?

I failed maths so please feel free correct me if I am wrong here. :lol:

Agree with Rally - FUGLY!!

Makes a 1966 Mazda look like high art ...

I reckon that Subaru lost the plot when they made the Outback so huge. But that's just my personal opinion ...

I think it actually looks pretty damn good! It is pretty much identical to what it looks like here in the states already with the exception of a revised grille and headlamps (which are leaps and bounds better than current).

Back