• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Sand in the dang electric windows

stilson

Forum Member
After a play around in the sand (the dirty, dirty sand) I've got horrible noises coming from my windows when I wind them up or down.

I pulled back the rubbers and vaccumed everything, then washed, then steamcleaned and they still make this scraping sound. Do I have to pull my door trims off?

Please help me!

More than likely need to take them off but thats the easy part, sand's probably got into the mechanism which crosses when they go up and down or into the tracks either side of the window or where the rollers are in the track down the bottom, either way it sounds like you'll need a tin of prepsol and a paint brush then a new tin of grease, I've driven both of mine extensively in the sand and never had a prob, yours sounds unusual, I wonder if someone has got into the doors with some extra grease.

You have wind up windows??? otherwise just a phillips should be all you need, everything else just clips off....Hint, open door handle and push surround forward to remove and you'll find another screw in there holding the mechanism in place.

Back