Go Back   OFFROADSUBARUS.COM > General Forums > Members Journals

Notices

Old 11th January 2018, 07:08 PM

Year: 2004/1992
Model: SG Forester X MY05/SVX
Transmission: 5MT D/R/4EAT
Ben Up North is on a distinguished road

Well done Scalman!
I was about to suggest that if there were any decent sized solid trees/branches around that you could use some to lever the car out.
Old school recovery/Bushman - you'd be amazed at what you can do with some good rope and decent timber, we were using them for centuries to move heavy stuff
Old 11th January 2018, 07:16 PM

Year: 2001
Model: Outback '01, 2.5 NA , VDC
Transmission: 4eat
scalman is on a distinguished road

yh simple method that works most times . lift car and put trees under wheels and repeat many times until car got out and have traction. that way you minimize damage to car . i tried to pull first and then dig and lift and exhaust was gone. but later was easy to weld back. was nice sound too. exhaust ripped off just after catalyst. imagine how it sounds after catalyst ...wow loud and cool.
see if i would had full front bumper i would need to dig so much more to free side of car and then put there many many wood to make some ground for jack to lift car and then repeat that many times. but do it from front is much simplier if that front is not on soft mud . mine was on it at first so i had lots problems there but later i got on harder mud as it was -5 celcious outside.
funny thing is i was driving that place multiple times and it was so easy so i made it harder and got into trap. nature is scary sometimes haha. but natures gave me there lots of fallen trees that i cut them into small peaces to put them under wheels and under jack even.
about exhaust hanging low. i saw someone somewhere lift it some more so it was almost same level as bottom of car. i think it need custom tubes then and it could be lifted some more into that tunel where driveshaft sits and make it more offroad capable. or make skid plate or something for it. not sure. wouldn't wanna losse ground clearance from that tho
but then if that exhaust will rattle and touch car bottom thats problem again. tho its not so hot there anymore after catalyst. so no prob of heat from it i guess
Old 11th January 2018, 09:55 PM
Administrator

Year: MY06, MY10
Model: Forester SG & SH
Transmission: 5MT/DR & 4EAT Sports
Ratbag is on a distinguished road

Glad to hear that you have all four wheels back on solid ground, Scalman.

Well done.
Old 12th January 2018, 03:30 PM

after proper washing car night some night driving again testing 48w LED's

from side new reverse light and front 48w LED and low beam

those leds maybe loosing some of its power on ground just in front car. still they doing good job. maybe on bumper they wouldnt light so much ground, but in all distance wouldn't be bigger too. and my leds bended flat when i got stuck in mud, as i thought. good thing they have space there to fold flat so they not braking. they would brake maybe if go backwards

Old 13th January 2018, 08:16 AM

allways thought that oem car floor mats for driver are too small as they not cover left side where you keeping your muddy shoes, right side is getting allways dirty as well but thet left side is just allways in mud or stuff. so i decided to buy home mats, not for cars. and i found this 45x75 size one ... could be some wider on sides but its covering that worse spot on left so now you can keep there your dirty shoes no prob.

could be wider like 55 or even 60 maybe would cover then all that bad area where you keeping your shoes. but its enough too. and its just some 3 euros. im changed this allready for new one yesterday.

Old 13th January 2018, 11:23 AM

Year: 2004/1992
Model: SG Forester X MY05/SVX
Transmission: 5MT D/R/4EAT
Ben Up North is on a distinguished road

Nice looking trail
Old 13th January 2018, 11:57 AM

yes just its short and not so much demanding. well untill you get stuck on it haha. no really now its frozen so nothing serious but looks nice. i went on that in summer on wet mud and was ok too no prob.if you stay on tracks youll be ok. but where is fun to always follow tracks someones must make new ones too

thats how it went there in most fun part
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3cvyehHf8w&t=5s
other parts is more simple just some ups and down and places where you could lift 1 or 2 wheels.
Old 13th January 2018, 12:15 PM

thats all that track i made video earlier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cf8Cn7LH8&t=103s
same place with some snow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk3O-_9I1C0&t=36s
Old 15th January 2018, 01:35 PM

so here it is . thing that not so much do for their subarus. Hi lift jack. bought 48'' model.
was little too long to fit in trunk so i cut some of it and if fits now perfectly as i wanted . it wouldn't move even if i left it just as it sits there.

made add on from tube and secured it with 2 bolts so it wont move or slide. later will think of something to make that tube more grip not just flat surface as it is now. but car holds as that too. wont move or slide or anything as from normal jack. its very stable when you lift it .

its not scratching door or pushing to it. its just touching that protective plastic cover on doors and that it . works very good with that 200mm tube add on now its reaches all places on sides car to lift it .

not just sides. i can lift from front too its even more easy to lift that then on sides.
Old 15th January 2018, 02:20 PM

jf1sf5 is on a distinguished road

That square tube is a good idea, perhaps fix a piece of tire (with rivets) on it to protect the chassis.