OFFROADSUBARUS.com

Go Back   OFFROADSUBARUS.com > General Forums > Members Journals

Notices

Old 31st December 2017, 01:45 AM

Year: 2001
Model: Outback '01, 2.5 NA , VDC
Transmission: 4eat
scalman is on a distinguished road

But it is normal light and its made for city. I mean why else i would put it there? For parking of course.and its not blinding anyone so its looks fine too for people who might walk pass. Its not perfect in dark times via my tinted window i cant see nothing via rear window but for mirrors its so much better. Now i parking with seeing where i actually drive lol
And of course in bush . well for stationary light in bush wpuld be better one on roof rack i guess.
I like how those leds like invisible there. Because if you standing behind car you wont see them. And same reason they not blind you or anyone. They could blind if you low enough for it to catch you.
But more powerfull bulb in reverse light would blind more. Of course its not for mot to pass. But i made my driving much safer now as i see more.
Now if i put reverse cam in back it would make image so good there even at night. Would be perfect light for camera. Just i dont like to puy any extra screens for cameras inside car. So must think what i could use for that. Get some aftermarket stereo with screen that would show cam views. Or get some wireless camera that i could see with my phone or tablet maybe. Thats for future and best thing would be to put 4 cameras . why go less if they so cheap you could have surround view.
Old 31st December 2017, 03:45 AM

Year: 98
Model: Forester
Transmission: Manual 5 speed
1WD Foz is on a distinguished road

The way you fitted the lights to the rear of your car is great and i believe it won't bother anyone unless they're driving a go kart lol

but i don't think my forester will hide the lights as well as your outback,
it will be visible from any driver behind me so i will require a switch

As for your 4 camera idea, not sure if you've looked into dash camera's?
as some come with 2 camera's?
the rear camera you position where you like and the front camera is built into the unit with a screen?
if not i would look into a small reverse camera screen mounted either on the dash or in the glovebox and then you would just need 4 x 12v cameras, and a 12v 4 channel video receiver of some sort im guessing......with a way to select from each of the 4 different video inputs ?
Old 31st December 2017, 04:38 AM

i see no problems to put reverse light where you want it. on bumper, under bumper or inside bumper, or on side of license plate. why you think its something wrong ?

i just dont do it yet because im not going so much at night in bush . but when i will start cuting rear bumpers and stuff then who knows what will happen haha. things might get crazy there. so what somebody gonna call police ? lol im sorry officer , yes, this man just blinded me with his reverse light ,yes so why you was looking at it ? ...

as for cameras i mean something like that

and they put 4 split screens on one screen image . would be great. just they made for parking again. and i wouldn't need that for parking but just for fun i mean you go into bush or mud or thight places and you wanna see what your front wheels doing , so with that you could see. just purely for fun for me at least. i don't need any help with parking yet thank you. would be cool if you could record video from hose 4 cameras as well.

i gues you ment those kinda stuff. yes they much more cheaper but i don't need that screen on my windshield

ideally would be 4 wireless cameras you put where you want and get split image on phone or tablet and record them as you want and such. like 4 go pros but mini versions

best that they didint need any extra space as they would be rear view mirrors and screen in one as those.

just full screen would be nice

more you look more stuf you find in internet

in case you would want to look at passenger or i duno something else

found similar as this locally . and screen area is 4.3'' which is not bad maybe and it looks like normal mirror

Last edited by scalman; 31st December 2017 at 05:24 AM.
Old 31st December 2017, 07:43 AM

lol I dont think somthing wrong
By having the reverse light on a swith i dont need to engage reverse to turn light on ,
i can turn it on myself so i could use for camp lighting, or to see if my rear will clear a tree or rock.... while going forward.

like i siad... i like yours , but you have a different car so bumpers different

i like the idea of the camera system you put up
looks awesome, just need to be able to record with it and yout set!!!

1WD
Old 31st December 2017, 08:27 AM

Ohh sure make switch. Or turn ignition on and put on reverse. Haha. If i had roof rack id put separate lights on it from all sides on switches for bush.
I think to make reverse light on switch its complicated you need to make switch just before light in the end. And then how car ecu would react that your rear light is on.
Old 31st December 2017, 10:49 AM

for my car a Switch is the best idea
like i said if i want camp lighting or if i wanted to use the rear lights while moving forward at all then your idea wont work, best way for me i think is to engage the light manually

no no its not that hard, the hardest part would be laying the wire from where i want the switch to the rear lights, I would get constant power from my rear 12v socket
everything else is plug and play
just need some wire, a fuse, and a switch, put it all together and you have lights that work with a switch... seperate to the cars lighting.... running off the battery.
For my bigger led bars i use a relay and connect directly to the battery, but for the small ones you and I have it shouldnt need that.
you should get a roof rack & basket! then you could put heaps of lights!!!

1WD
Old 31st December 2017, 11:14 AM

I would put separate light for that. Less troubles.at least mostl ppl do that. Its easy to put there just one wire and other just take ground . its just need long wire from led to switch. Same as if you would put rear camera.
Easy method would be just make switch near light then no need do much. But you need to activate it like from trunk or something. Like overlanders do in their cars. As i saw they put separare lights for bush and you allready have roof rack so its easy put couple lights on rear roof rack. I want roof rack too. Thinking make it myself from tubes. Saw many examples. Simple roof rack best. Maybe make it modular even so it could be just flat if i need or with extra modume if i need to put bags there or something . then just put 1 or 2 leds on rear 1 on each side and something for front . and they could have just 3 switches or 1 switch with 3 or 4 positions.
Yes relay needed. And i have second battery in trunk . would be nice to make some connections so it could charge there. Now was couple times that i used main battery too much so i couldnt start car anymore so i just connected that second battery . its almost new still and its fully charged now just sits there for when it would be needed.
Then again my car living on street. So not best thing to put many stuff on it for view. Could bring trouble if someone would like to take my led bars. So one reason i wanna its stay as much original look so that its not catch eye
Old 1st January 2018, 09:31 AM

starting new year with nice drive to forest and relax before work

not much of a winter when its +8 outside, but what can you do. less salt on roads at least.
Old 6th January 2018, 01:00 PM

bought 2x 48w flood leds

now wonder where would i put them. can connect instead fog lights on fog lights cable and switch as i remove them with bumper cut.
should be nice result if not put them too close to each other as they are flood ones.h
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/82XTEpjg4eg/maxresdefault.jpg
to put them as that is bad as main light goes like on center car. one light on center would do similar result i guess. or at least turn them to sides then
Old 6th January 2018, 04:29 PM

so then testing. put them on original antifog light place. at least for now. that was easy just put there, then took connector from original antifog too and just used that on new led light. i tried to move light with hand in total darkness and see how its afects and how much its lights. so if it would be on bumper not under it maybe it would make some more light in front but really not that much . and they not best looking to put them on bumper in front. not sure that i would wanna do that. so testing. most impressive is when in some forest narrow road with trees on side. then its just wow. when road open its gives much more on sides. because i turned them more to sides too. why keep them in front there low beam doing job. so on sides they just great.

yes its not ideal place i can hit them with something or scrap if angle would be steep. but maybe i could move them more back. well will see more testing later

from top both low beam+LED , then just low beam and lowest is just LED. and they Flood light.

in pictures all its more brighter. in reality just low beam is pretty dark and scary alone in forest. pictures makes all more bright. so go from that dark with just low beam to that super bright with LED its really amazing.

and because its sits one 1 bolt so i can turn it if i need like all over to side completely. for now they turned little to sides. so they not looking at front.