Notices

User Tag List

Old 22nd May 2016, 09:03 PM

Year: 2002
Model: Outback
Transmission: Auto
daniel glavin is on a distinguished road
Default Introducing.....LIL' TIFF :p

I have no idea where the name "Lil Tiff" has come from but it's just the way it is. I'll put it on the licence plate soon enough. Maybe in pink? hahaha.

Anyhow. I thought I would start a journal because my subie is being modded fast. I don't see a lot of stuff out there on this model (2002 outback) so I hope to be of assistance to anyone who has the same vehicle and is looking to make some cool changes. Here she is now:

Got the ARB Awning installed onto my Yakima load warrior and a nice 4 foot firestick antenna for my CB radio.

Here is the way I went with mounting my CB. Surprisingly there is plenty of room for my legs and I don't even touch it. The speaker is facing out so it is plenty loud.

Here is an up close of my mounting method for the antenna. I thought this was the most "factory" looking install I could get. The antenna sits 2 feet over my roof and the quality of sound and transmissions i'm getting with it are amazing. I used some silicone around the mount to water proof it and bam! It works like a charm. Also, it's slightly behind the body of my car so brush and such doesn't come into contact with it.

Next week I hope to install my raised kings springs, kyb gr/2 excel struts all the way around and a .5" spacer in the front and rear along with the white line camber adjustment kit. The plan after that is some 28inch acturo trail blade XT tires. And then I am going to tint the windows and start working on other things like new lightweight crank pully and seeing what I can do with the exhaust to get a nice deep rumble.

How's she looking?

I'll post more mods as they come!

~Dan
Old 22nd May 2016, 10:35 PM
Administrator

Year: MY06, MY10
Model: Forester SG & SH
Transmission: 5MT/DR & 4EAT Sports
Ratbag is on a distinguished road

Gidday Dan

A warm to the ORS forum, mate.

Nice looking car you have there.

A caution about larger diameter tyres and light weight crankshaft pulleys - each can change the way your vehicle drives, and your fuel economy. Proceed with caution .
Old 22nd May 2016, 11:07 PM

Ah yes. I have wondered about such changes, but I am really looking forward to hitting the trails hard with this girl.

Obviously, I want to take great care of my vehicle, but she will be a monster on the trails eventually.

Old 22nd May 2016, 11:52 PM

Year: 1998
Model: Outback. JDM TT conversion
Transmission: 5MT DR
duncanm is on a distinguished road

nice antenna install.

Will 28" inch tyres fit ? I have same gen outback, no lift, and 225/60R16 (26.6")... any bigger than that on my stock susp and I'd definitely have issues, especially at the front of the rear tyres.

Here's a comparison of our Aus-spec side mouldings. Plenty of Gen3 outbacks here in Oz.

Last edited by duncanm; 23rd May 2016 at 08:58 AM.
Old 23rd May 2016, 01:42 AM

Well it's good to hear that 26.6 inch tires fit the stock. As of now my tires are barely 25 inches. I have seen a few subies of this model that have 28 inch tires on them. With the lift, and the proper off set they are totally possible....at least that's what i've been told, and I have seen them on some larger lifts with 3 or 4 inches.

I will cut and hammer if I need to so they will fit. Hopefully its not too much, but I am willing to go down that road.

It appears that the picture you tried to load isn't visible duncanm. Maybe it's just me, but I can't see it.

Cheers.
Old 23rd May 2016, 08:46 AM

Year: 1998
Model: Outback. JDM TT conversion
Transmission: 5MT DR
duncanm is on a distinguished road

(grr -- stupid google photos... they keep changing the interface so you can't share pics on forums - maybe its fixed now?

If you do a lift with an adjustment to the rear arms (move hub back) - the rear situation would improve.
Old 23rd May 2016, 01:02 PM

Yes the photo works now, thanks.

Yeah the multi link suspension in the rear is giving me grief. I've never messed around with that type of suspension before so I am a little worried about messing around with it too much. But my lift is just going to be around 2" so I think with the right camber adjustment and a good alignment afterwards I should be ok. I have no idea how to space down the subframe otherwise I would consider doing 4 inches of lift.
Old 20th June 2016, 10:56 PM

Default Lil Tiff Update

So I have just been working on some DIY things on my subie while I am saving money for my lift and tires.

I decided to cut the bumper down along with the wheel wells to improve the approach angle of the car. I didn't actually end up liking the look of it when it was finished so I decided to start messing around with plasti dip. I did 10 coats of matte black on the newly modified bumper and my grill. It has turned out much to my liking. I am going to do matte plasti dip on the rest of the two tone gold. It is way more durable than I anticipated and it can just peel of if I don't end up liking it.

I am ordering a front skid plate from primitive stat to replace that crappy plastic undercarriage and I am really hoping it will finish out the look. Hopefully some lights placed nicely on the bumper too. Need something to replace those fog lights.

Old 21st June 2016, 10:23 AM

havachat is on a distinguished road

A Subaxtreme bulbar would go well!
Old 21st June 2016, 04:15 PM

Hah yeah I wish. I'm in the states so it would cost me somewhere around 3500 to 4k for one of those which is more than I paid for my subie. Haha.