Barra

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Brumby
Transmission
4 speed manual
Hi Folks,
The driver's side seat in my Brumby needs to be replaced (so I'll replace both). Are there any other seats that are a direct swap? And are there any more comfortable/supportive than others?

Perhaps I could use other than Subaru and swap the rails?

Look forward to your ideas.

Barra

You can swap in L series seats with little work, but apparently the seat base sits higher. I've not done this one.

A set of Gen1 liberty seats can fit with some mods - do a search as it's been done before (would recommend ausubaru or the USMB for this info, then document your experiences here).

I fitted a set of Honda Integra seats, from memory the model was a D9A or something. You need the ones that have the seat belt buckle independent to the seat rails. I drilled two new holes to fit the MY rails to them. They sit nice and low and give good side support. If you get the grey ones (they typically fade to a grey/blue colour) they don't look out of place.

Others have fitted WRX seats, but I don't know what work is involved with this as Subaru changed seat rails "frequently" to say the least!

Cheers

Bennie

Hi Folks,
Just fitted the seats out of a 2005/6 Suzuki Swift into the Brumby, what a difference.

Had to remove the rails from the Brumby seats and place them on the the new seats (had to remove the Suzuki rails first). So for $140, I am one happy camper.

Little adjustments needed to make sure the rails still fitted the holes in the floor and had to pull the seats out and re-drill the holes in the seat brackets as I ended sitting too far forward, so be patient and get this right otherwise you'll end up with swiss cheese - too many holes:).

By the way, seats look good and not out of place at all.

Got any pics mate?

Cheers

Bennie

Back