Subaru Grill Badge

NachaLuva

Product Developer
I want to get a Subaru grill badge for my niece for Chrissy...a nice pretty pink one to go with the pink radiator cap sticker & pink tyre valve caps I got her :biggrin:

Only thing is I can only find them in 103x50mm
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/121205531631?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

My SF Foz badge is 97x60mm so the different shape would look funny (I also want to get myself a blue one :iconwink:). Can someone pls measure their SG Foz grill badge, I have a feeling the SG may be different....

A quick measure of mine came to 125x60mm. Its getting dark here so I could be off a bit. Thats the badge only, not including the chrome surround

You can paint your own
It's a bit fiddly but do'able
Remove the badge and mount from the grille
carefully pry out the 'badge' from the back plate - it's held in by double sided tape/glue stuff
Sand out the original paint with a 200 wet dry or similar - don't sand into the stars, the chrome will stay without a problem
Clean up and spray desired color
Reattach to back plate and then to grille

I've done a couple and it's pretty simple, hardest part is getting the badge out of the plate without damaging either part

Gidday NL

The rear side of the chrome bezel that is attached to the moulded 'platform' on the grill on my series II SG is 145 x 72.5 mm (approx - measured with a transparent ruler, not a vernier calliper ... ). The actual badge part with the Pleiades insignia on it is somewhat smaller.

The rear badge and bezel are different, and considerably smaller.

The photos of both are in the post ... :poke: :iconwink: :)

Back