What happened to the old OffroadSubarus.com

admin

Administrator
We will try and fill you in as best we can. This is a short synopsis of what I've been told

The site wasn't hacked.
The server was.
It was an International crime syndicate using the server as a front for the Bank Of Scotland. As soon as they were discovered they simply trashed everything not only Offroadsubaru.
Luckily there were backups of the site.

yeah its a shame what happened to all the hard work Tony put in, but i guess he's busy with music and other things.Well done and thanx to you Suparu for keeping us going.:)

We are making progress on restoring the old site. With some luck it will be back on line shortly. Most likely it will be a read only archive.

Good to hear that the knowledge hasn't been lost... I'm still sort of new to Subarus - about 6 months - and was really looking forward to using the information on the site to improve my vehicle for offroad use...

Keep us posted on the progress with the old files!

Cheers!
Pedro.

Can't believe it took me 10 days to see ORS.com was back online! But I guess I stopped checking daily. :p

Glad to hear Tony got to make a bit of money off his hard work. Doubt it's enough for retirement. But a good way to excuse himself from ORS and re-focus entirely on his music work.

Sure hope we can get the old forum content (and user profiles!) back online! It's very odd to have been coming to ORS for 3+ years and suddenly having to re-register. :confused:

Can't believe it took me 10 days to see ORS.com was back online! But I guess I stopped checking daily. :p

Better late than never. But the new ORS is back up & running again & thats the main thing.

Sure hope we can get the old forum content (and user profiles!) back online!

So do I mate, & I'm quite sure that the teck guys, aswell as admin are trying their very best to do just that.

Regards
Mr Turbo

While we're at it, any word on soliciting donations to keep ORS v2.0 going? I like this site so much, I'd be happy to make a contribution. I think they did the same thing for SF.org, after SF.com went dead.

I like this site so much, I'd be happy to make a contribution.

So do I mate. Didn't realise how much so until it was gone. But now that it's back I'll never take it for granted again. So if a donation is required to keep the site up & running, either now or in the future, I am quite willing to help out with some $$$.

The time & effort of everyone who are involved (behind the scenes) in keeping this great site up & running is muchly appreciated.

Regards
Mr Turbo

Just got back on myself guys - how are we all:D

If anyone needs anything from Tony - I still see him now & then at home;)

Subscription

While we're at it, any word on soliciting donations to keep ORS v2.0 going? I like this site so much, I'd be happy to make a contribution. I think they did the same thing for SF.org, after SF.com went dead.

This is being looked into at the moment. I believe the Admin guys are working on how to integrate it into this site. Not sure what the eta is on it either.

Lib's good Carlo - I love it - just in a different way - that's all:o

Did have to do my own "recovery" of my fold out camper from the soft sand at the last ORS B'day "bash" w/end though:eek:
Everyone had left on the Monday & the Lib wasn't equiped to just motor over 3 tonnes out of that sand. All good though - unhitched, layed out an old truck tire(sp. for our US friends:p)tread for the jockey wheel & pulled it out with a rope!:cool: Shoulda taken pics of the setup - VERY McGuiverish:D
This was "camp". Our US friends may recognise this camper as it comes from the USofA.
img0161cropmediumlg1.jpg

and Garry's(ggvfr) is the just visible car in this shot with Tony's tent in the distance on the bank
img0183copymediumpz7.jpg

im so glad this site is back ,i was checking everyday for so long and then when it came back on i missed it!!

G'day legman & :welcome: glad that you found us. And yes it's so good to have ORS back up & running again.:biggrin::biggrin::Bananacomputer:

Regards
Mr Turbo

Lib's good Carlo - I love it - just in a different way - that's all:o

Did have to do my own "recovery" of my fold out camper from the soft sand at the last ORS B'day "bash" w/end though:eek:
Everyone had left on the Monday & the Lib wasn't equiped to just motor over 3 tonnes out of that sand. All good though - unhitched, layed out an old truck tire(sp. for our US friends:p)tread for the jockey wheel & pulled it out with a rope!:cool: Shoulda taken pics of the setup - VERY McGuiverish:D
This was "camp". Our US friends may recognise this camper as it comes from the USofA.
img0161cropmediumlg1.jpg

and Garry's(ggvfr) is the just visible car in this shot with Tony's tent in the distance on the bank
img0183copymediumpz7.jpg

This looks like it would've been a fun trip, any more pics?

Hi All!

Boy, have I missed you guys! Sorry it's taken so long to get onboard, but you know how life gets..

I've really missed the cameraderie here and the amount of knowledge.

I've been busy preparing for my Big Trip, which happens at the end of the August. I'm heading north from Sydney to pick up the folks near Lismore, then across the Wilpena Pound, Up the Oodnadatta Track to William Creek, over to Coober Pedy, up to Ullaru, Kings Canyon, Alice Springs, Tennant Creek, Mt Isa and then to Normanton where my brother is getting married (the pretext for the whole trip!). We'll then be heading home via Longreach, Carnarvon Gorge, and the Bunya Mountains. The whole trip will take six weeks, so we're not planning on pushing too hard, and have plenty of rest days.

I've now got a tranny cooler and towbar for the cub camper we're hiring. Still haven't got the electrics sorted as I can't really see space under the bonnet for a second battery to run the fridge and dad's CPAP machine at night. I may get a portable battery setup, but am rapidly running out of cash, which is compunded by having my rego and insurance all due while I'm away!

Anyway, good to be back with you all!

Regards

Back