• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Queensland/NSW maps for Ozi Explorer...??

SKT

Heya all....

My car is getting back on the road pretty soon so I blew the dust off the old PDA and am looking to arc Ozi Explorer back up. I have been in W.A. for a few years but am now in Brissy and see there is quite a bit of driving around to do. Once the car is up and running I'll be certainly looking to catch up with any Brissy based ORS.com members ;)

I was wondering if any good soul might have any decent comprehensive maps of the Queensland and atleast Northern NSW (preferably ready for Ozi Explorer) I could somehow acquire....

If you can help out maybe drop me a PM and we'll go from there hey.

Thx in advance.

Scott

G'day SKT :welcome: back mate :bananatoast:

Thats great to hear. :)

Regards
Mr Turbo

Yep.... I am 3-4 weeks away from having a H6 dropped into the Suby...
Can you say torque on tap.....???
As soon as I can trust it around town its gonna be on like donkey kong......
:monkeydance:

Be nice to know where I'm goin though ;)

not much in the way of Qld maps for ozi. although in the SE region your in luck. check out this https://www.derm.qld.gov.au/property/mapping/raster/sunmap_raster_keymap.html

Thx for the link mate. I am pretty sure you veered me that way last time I bugged the forum with this question. It is not exactly clear which maps are available in digital format, apart from the Natmap Raster 100K which is not really that useful in my opinion.
I just cant believe there is so little digital topo mapping available for South East Queensland.... Surely I can buy something.

i'm pretty sure the natmap raster is in 250k where as the sunmap is 10k to 100k which is perfect for a 4" screen. a couple of other options is buying some paper maps and scanning them then calabrating them in ozi. or using the natmap and try to get some track data from QLD nation parks and forestry departments then load it over the maps in ozi. dont know if they'll give it to you but its worth a try. if you get it let us know;)

i'm pretty sure the natmap raster is in 250k where as the sunmap is 10k to 100k which is perfect for a 4" screen. a couple of other options is buying some paper maps and scanning them then calabrating them in ozi. or using the natmap and try to get some track data from QLD nation parks and forestry departments then load it over the maps in ozi. dont know if they'll give it to you but its worth a try. if you get it let us know;)

I think the paper option is doable... I just dont have the scanning capabilities for that size mapping.

Hi Scott we often go driving around S/E QLD through forests and a like if you want to tag along you can
My car is off the road atm hopefully 2 weeks it will be all done
By the look of your car specs you don't mind a bit of wheel lifting:lildevil: let me know and i will keep you in mind

Jan

By the look of your car specs you don't mind a bit of wheel lifting:lildevil: let me know and i will keep you in mind

You picked me mate..... Don't get me wrong, I'm not out to bend panels but I do enjoy a good day of wheel liftin.
Mine will be getting some work over the next few weeks too but after that... I'm keen as to get a look around and a guide is always awesome.

I'll get back to you as soon as the car is ready. Thx for the invite.

Scott

Back