Flinders Ranges via Mungo & Broken Hill

havachat

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester SG
Transmission
1.447 low range 4.44 diffs
Finally left yesterday afternoon after changing the engine oil and filter at the last minute!
Stayed at Mt Alexander Regional Park last night. Arrive in Ouyen this afternoon. Tomorrow I'll be heading to Mungo National Park.

Finally left yesterday afternoon after changing the engine oil and filter at the last minute!
Stayed at Mt Alexander Regional Park last night. Arrive in Ouyen this afternoon. Tomorrow I'll be heading to Mungo National Park.

I take it that you are going to MNP via Mildura given your heading.

I was raised in Balranald and never ever went to MNP, closest I ever got to it was Hatfield - Ivanhoe - Pooncarie and a property called Bidura, where I used to shoot roo's and rabbits with my Father.

Been at Mungo for the last couple of days. Very enjoyable. At Pooncarie for a fuel and lunch stop then off to Menindee.
Subyroo you didn't shoot enough rabbits there are still too many out there!
Ateday I'll let you know when I leave Broken Hill.
Haven't had phone reception or internet until now, not a bad thing though!

Camping at Lake Pamamaroo near Menindee tonight. Been watching the sunset over the lake. Thanks Pedro for the suggestion !
Had a great drive from Mungo to here today, well worth it.
Photos to follow eventually !

Subyroo you didn't shoot enough rabbits there are still too many out there!

Depending on the price it might be worth the money to go back into the game, last time I sold any to the buyer we got 55c/pr (or 5 shillings and sixpence in my days :biggrin:).

Arrived in Broken Hill yesterday and have been exploring the town and went out to Day Dream mine and Silverton. Checked out the Mad Max museum and had lunch at the pub.
Off to South Australia tomorrow and probably stay at Peterborough.

Arrived in Broken Hill yesterday and have been exploring the town and went out to Day Dream mine and Silverton. Checked out the Mad Max museum and had lunch at the pub.
Off to South Australia tomorrow and probably stay at Peterborough.

Are you planning on touring/tasting the Clare Valley? ;) ;) :biggrin:

Arrived in SA yesterday, hasn't stopped raining. Spent the last two days in Peterborough exploring, plenty of interesting historical stuff.
Off tomorrow to stay on Merna Mora Station in the Flinders Ranges tomorrow. This will be our base for a couple of days or longer to start with.

Just got an internet connection and mobile.
Done some terrific trips been up to Farina Station for a few nights camping. From there been up to Marree, the Oodnadatta Track and the Birdsville Track. Had a good lunch at the Marree pub.

Come back down to the Flinders Ranges for the last three nights and have been camping on Beltana Station. Beltana Station extends out to Lake Torrens. Drove out and back yesterday, great drive through a variety of terrain including sand hills.

Drove out to Glass Gorge and Parachilna Gorge and Blinman. Well worth the drive.
Sadly last night at Beltana Station was my last. Unfortunately my elderly mother has fallen ill.
So I'm heading home earlier than anticipated. Camping at Burra tonight. Looks like a nice historic town.

That's unfortunate news about your Mum - I do hope she recovers quickly.

Back