• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Rivian R1T / R1S perfect electric offroader?

thos solar panels upgrading so fast now that soon we will have cheap and very powerfull solar panels. even for camping. and then its another story i think. no need very big range.

There was a research trial of an electric vehicle in the desert using LiFePO4 batteries and Sanyo solar panels. I forgot the but it was a research journal that I no longer have access to. The researchers didn't need to replace the batteries because they are just charged all throughout the 1000km controlled trip. Something may be impeding the implementation of such technology and I think that they used a non-roadworthy special vehicle instead of an actual car.

Given that Solar panels are pretty inefficient that would have been a slow 1000km, or very much a special vehicle.

no i mean drive until you can normaly then camping couple days and in those couple days keep solar panels charging car , then move again. that would be like dream come true... some day... but they allways find ways to make you pay for everything do they .. ?

so at Overland West 2019 they showed camp kitchen version and it looks very cool. they said its not in production but just idea for people
and they said its connected to main car battery , said in 2 weeks using cooking it would use just about 20kwh /11% of cars battery , which was massive 180kwh
with air suspension it can go up to 14' ground clearance

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9BIg4Dph1E"]Rivian R1T Electric Camper Truck Walk Around: Overland Expo - YouTube[/ame]
rivian-r1t-at-overland-west-1.jpg

so at Overland West 2019 they showed camp kitchen version and it looks very cool. they said its not in production but just idea for people
and they said its connected to main car battery , said in 2 weeks using cooking it would use just about 20kwh /11% of cars battery , which was massive 180kwh
with air suspension it can go up to 14' ground clearance

Holy Crap Batman! :poke:
Is that for real?

Holy Crap Batman! :poke:
Is that for real?

Yep, the Kangaroovian version. It maintains a ground clearance of 14' for short periods of time.

edit: It's a true Rock Hopper. :monkeydance:

Allways watched ewan mc regor bike travels around the world series, now they filiming new show and they will ride now electric bike and people say support crew will drive rivian trucks.

And about ugly beast, i think those new electric boellinger trucks are ugly
DpJx_2iU4AAab0V.0.jpg

And they even worse inside.
Suv maybe some better
b1-1-full-res.jpg

Last edited:
oh yes most bizare thing out there. nothing like that out there. hope they keep look and wont change it . imagine car that looks start at price of 39.900

But Elon said do it.. i think they both new risks. Its still strong glass i think just why he thought that it could not crack with such force.

This mob might put the brakes on Elon's electric powered cars with their Carbon Neutral Fuel.

Ladies and gents, meet ORBAT. This organic battery is much more efficient than any metallic battery in the system and it is so easy to produce. As a resource industry person, I am extremely delighted this technology has been discovered. Who would have thought organic chemistry will outmuscle metals in battery technology. I heard about his a few years ago and just realised the process might have been discovered decades before us reaching the point-of-no-return 400PPM C02. People and institutions who benefit from mining metals will block this discovery. I sure hope we get this into anything we are using today.

As they blocking stoping most good things that goes against their busineses

As they blocking stoping most good things that goes against their busineses
Very, very true. More than100 years ago, electric vehicles were the majority of the vehicles produced because, they are easy to manufacture and the efficiency of the electric motor is just out of this world vs internal combustion engines (ICE). Then, the petrol revolution kicked in and companies had had to profit. Car manufacturers then had to do ICE. Imagine how far we've gone if we hadn't converted to ICE!

Tank Turn. with 4 separate motors for each wheel its not that hard i guess. looks cool too

Back