Easy Dirt Repelent

Red XS

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
SG Forester XS
Transmission
1.447 Low SG Manual
A few people over various trips have noticed that my car seems to stay less dirty after a 4wd trip than the rest of the crew. So I thought a few of you might be interested in how I do it.

When I wash my car I use Mothers California Gold Carnauba Wash and Wax (Meguiars is another good brand). It's just a liquid that you mix in with your washing water instead of using detergent or soaps. Then just wash the car with a sponge normally and when its dry it leaves a wax coat over the paint.

This wax coat is very smooth and dirt has trouble sticking to it. So the next 2-3 "washes" are just wiping the dust of with a dry towel (no water required) and your Subaru looks all shiny and new again. There's also less dirt sticking to it while your in the dirty places, so it looks shiny for the photos while your 4wding and it should slow paint fade and reduce scratches.

I know most of you will never wash your cars and are proud to show you use them, but some of us like to look flash for the camera:ebiggrin:

I do this too with my foz but it usually only gets washed every 6 weeks or so. It does make a difference.
Plus keeping the car looking in decent condition keeps the cops away :iconwink:

I use the Meguiars products (wash, polish & wax) on my Forry & found them to be very good.
Admittedly I don't tend to wash my Forry all that often, but when I do the Meguiars brings it up beautifully :raz:

Regards
Mr Turbo

Good to hear so many of us are looking after our cars so well!
Mothers and Meguiars are the 2 best wax companies out there, I heard that Armourall is another good brand and gives good protection but not quite the shine (but I've never used it myself)
I do like the shine of my red forester just after I've waxed it.

Back