Drone footage

scalman

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
2006 3.0R 5EAT Sportshift VDC/VTD LPG
Transmission
5eat Sportshift

Always liked taking photos and videos and with drones came new possibilitys. every year they give us new ways to play with drones and less worry to control them as they do all those follow me tricks, now mostly you just point drone to object as car and it should done the rest.
So do you use drones , what kind drones ? what best drones for making offroad videos as of today and such. im looking into drone myself, still deciding should i wait for more advanced drones or its enough now what gives us drones like Dji models.

i dont think there any other ways to get footage as those

ultra-hd-4k-aerial-drone-footage.jpg

videoblocks-off-road-vehical-going-over-rock-drone-shot_shm7iuoog_thumbnail-full01.png

looks like for now for them to follow you car must go very slowly and on open area, and with those 15 min of flying you must really make best footage in that small window.
still its footage that i was never seen before drones
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]ZVa7iAdSjgA[/MEDIA]"]Subaru outback 2.0D AWD CVT offroad on snow - Drone Dji mavic pro - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]h0P9VfmcfcQ[/MEDIA]"]Off Road Racing - Subaru WRX - Drone - Dji Phantom 3 - - YouTube[/ame]

even real WRC footage from drone
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]BDcf6FJXtM8[/MEDIA]"]DJI - WRC - Finland 2017 - YouTube[/ame]
but thats super premium expensive drones. what about more cheaper like 300-600 versions..
like DJI Spark
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]7VmNz3DSsjo[/MEDIA]"]DJI Spark Test (High Wind Active Track) Apex / Nellis Dunes Off Road Sand Dunes - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLLbe-agpS0&t=57s"]DJI Spark - Offroad at the Badlands - Jeep JK - ActiveTrack[/URL]"]DJI Spark - Offroad at the Badlands - Jeep JK - ActiveTrack - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOtvgEcNmVY"]DJI Spark Offroad Footage: Vlog the Third[/URL]"]DJI Spark Offroad Footage: Vlog the Third - YouTube[/ame]

im so excited for those videos that almost ready to pay for that drone. just it doesnt like trees very much that could be a problem.
and i think they should make apps like for offroading with special tools like i duno follow tire or follow hood or something like that. imagine you just make it follow your tires and it does everything itself. would be really cool. but with progress as we have now i think soon very soon we will have those wonders for cheap too.
as much as i did research i cant find any better solution with follow me and good camera quality for price as DJi Spark now goes.
but can it dodge a tree ?
[ame="[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6TCcvwXKY0&t=346s"]DJI Spark Obstacle Avoidance Review Trail Test! Can it dodge a tree?[/URL]"]DJI Spark Obstacle Avoidance Review Trail Test! Can it dodge a tree? - YouTube[/ame]
as it seems not so much, but stoping is better then hiting a tree i guess. its like that anoying AI in video game when its get stuck on some tree and cant pass it ..haha

mavic 2 pro have amazing functions there and finaly proper flying over obstacles not stoping or just loosing tracking as previous mode. but its so expencive ... but damn what footage it could give us

Mavic 2 Pro Activetrack

Have a look at the products on Drtechlove.com they have one that links to you phone and follows it wherever it goes, dodging trees and other obstacles.

Back