Robbks

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester 2.0D Premium
Transmission
6 MT
I've always had wagons, loved them for their space, etc
but the one problem is just throwing small stuff in the boot ends up with things flying around everywhere.

I'm after a good, sturdy solution that I can hang from the rear of the rear headrests,
cargo-nets are no good, small items fall out, things get tangled in them,
Wondering if anyone has used a big canvas bag or something simple like that.?

Needs to be easy to remove or move when you need the seats down

Cricket gear type bag with a top zipper? Available at most camping stores.

We eat a lot of rice. Our preferred brand of Basmati comes in 5Kg zippered bags. I keep the bags ... :poke: :iconwink: :ebiggrin:.

I use the same Pakistan Rice..:D

I already have a good cricket bag that's no longer used!!
great idea, AND it has secure storage for 2 beach cricket bats.. :D

^ :lol:

Cricket bat = "Weapon of choice" ...

My 9" x1/4" blade skindiving knife for sharks could attract unwanted attention from some quarters these days ... :lol:.
It's a 'Play Right' brand :rotfl:.

I also have an Excalibur knife that was bequeathed to me when a young friend died at 32 y.o. while shopping with his Mother. Unsuspected aortic aneurysm.

These are both useful around a campsite. The skindiving knife is heavy enough to use for chopping up small firewood, etc.

However, it would not be wise to have either of these on one's person in this day and age. Even my 60 y.o. Henry Boker bushies belt pouched pocket knife can attract that unwanted attention. I bloody near feel undressed without it! I have always carried a pocket knife.

Aha...
Oztrail to the rescue

oztrail-canvas-3-burner-gas-stove-bbq-plate-storage-bag-BPC-3BS-D.jpg

I'm having this same issue myself, but have started sewing a set of bags for each side of the rear out of 2.5mm wetsuit neoprene. I hate when something I'm carrying rattles around, thus the neoprene.

I keep a cargo net stretched across the floor (hooked to the anchor points in the floor).

I then shove small stuff into bags (reusable shopping bags usually) and snug it under the net.

Back