Banner Design Competition

J.M.K

Forum Member
Hey I was thinking if we end up using this format for the site for a while, or if we go back to the old format, we could have a competition to design a new banner for the top of the page. Other Subaru sites I'm on have done this in the past with great success. Should we give it a try?

Great idea!
I did some research and this is what I found.
The forum banner/logo must be smaller than 760 pixels wide. Many people suggested around 500.
The height is variable say in the 50 to 150 range.
Gif or jpeg formats will both work.

Edit:
Now with some more experience I think we should shoot for 640 to 800 x 120 to 150 pixels
The file size should be small otherwise the forum will load slow.

Here is my 2 minute effort.

All are cars owned by ORS contributors.........

Attachments

• ORS-banner.JPG
    ORS-banner.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 88
Very nice banners so far! Is there a way we can make the text stand out a little better? Maybe use white text or some sort of shading/highlighting to separate it from the background images more?

Very nice banners so far! Is there a way we can make the text stand out a little better? Maybe use white text or some sort of shading/highlighting to separate it from the background images more?

Is this better ? I made the text darker & faded the pics a little.
ORS Banner 3.jpg
ORS Banner 6.JPG

Regards
Mr Turbo

Last edited:
I like them a lot, but they need to be a bit larger. Here is the old forum logo if anyone wants to play with it.

headertitle.gif

Last edited:
How about this then. It is a bit larger in size (I hope) & has the original ORS banner logo.

banner12345cx9.jpg

Regards
Mr Turbo

I like them a lot, but they need to be a bit larger. Here is the old forum logo if anyone wants to play with it.

headertitle.gif

What would be good is to have the site name (see above) font name. That way when we design the logo we can type the name in rather than using it as a graphic. It will also embed better when the image is flattened.

Yes eden it worked & I like that one aswell. It also brings back some good memories of the great trip that we had that day.

Here is another idea for a banner.
banner5aq4.jpg

Regards
Mr Turbo

Back