Which King Spring?

Alain

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
WRX
Transmission
5MT
not sure which spring I should get as I have a bit of a frankenstein car haha Car is a 2008 WRX Hatchback with Koni yellows for the '08 wrx but the front strut housing is from an '09 Forester. Would it be best to get the '08 WRX specific King "Lift" springs from primitive racing in USA or should I just get the '09-'13 Forester "Standard" spring? I'm looking for maximum lift, will be doing all the extras like subframe spacers, trailing arm... anyone know the specs for both in terms of height, rates, and all that? I'm not loking to "cheap out" by paying less, i'm genuinely looking for the best spring for my application.

King Springs 2009-2013 Forester Standard Height ksfs-55/ksrs-56 ($399)
King Raised Springs 2008+ WRX, 2.5i Impreza Model FR52 RR53 ($439)

Thanks for any input!

Looking like best option is to just throw fully assemb;led '09-'13 forester suspension in with a lift spacer and call it a day. no need to complicate mixing and matching parts. Appreciate the input.

Check out Subie Lift Oz for your lift kit, whole range of sizes available, from mild to bonkers.
:cool:

Last edited:
Looking like best option is to just throw fully assemb;led '09-'13 forester suspension in with a lift spacer and call it a day. no need to complicate mixing and matching parts. Appreciate the input.
Yes, mixing different struts & springs makes it complicated to calculate heights but also can mess up the articulation if it maxes out the strut.

Using SH Forester suspension will give you more tyre to spring perch clearance & better articulation but you'll lose some of the handling. You'll also need a rear subframe spacer kit to keep the rear alignment in spec & keep the rear wheels centred so you can fit bigger tyres without rubbing.

The other option is a simple 2" [FONT=&quot]lift kit with camber & caster offset and rear subframe spacer kit. This will give you slightly more lift than the Forester struts but you'll keep the good WRX handling. You can still fit bigger tyres by using low offset rims like Methods MR502, Sparco Terra, Team Dynamics, etc or wheel spacers. I know it's not a consideration for you but it's also cheaper.

Which option you use really comes down to the handling you want

2010 GH Impreza[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] with 2”fr 2.5”rr lift kit &[/FONT][/FONT] with [/FONT]215/65/17 28” [FONT=&quot]all terrains

2015 WRX STi[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] with 2”fr 2.5”rr lift kit & 245/45/18 Cooper CS5
[/FONT][/FONT]

Back