New 2017 Forester..mudflaps

ohb1

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
Manual
So, my 2002 Forester is on its last legs, and I'm looking to buy a new one...problem is ..NO REAR MUDFLAPS ....I primarily drive off road, ..dirt and loose gravel being the norm, mostly with a camper trailer in tow...I've done my back windscreen in 3 times , but extended the mudflaps to avoid a fourth!!
Anyhow, I'm having a hard time finding any mudflaps for the new Forester...Can any forum members help me out?...(the other option is to buy an Outback which appears to have some form of rear stone protection that I could extend)

ohb1

Thanks Kevin...I've looked at Rock Tamers before...that might be an option, ...not too sure about how long generics would last if only screwed to the soft interior of the wheel well...I think I'll have to pay a visit to check out the rear end of a new Subie

^ Yes, you need to find some metal to attach the flaps, even if behind the wheel arch itself.

i just cut some rubber in size of rally muds and make holes and put bolts with large washers there.
some people take truck mudds cuts them for right size and its done. there is many ways to make mudds for very cheap or even free.
for me it was neeeded to bent in offroad and not break so i took soft but strong rubber.

Back