Outback 2.5i Premium on Sanddunes & beach

Genuinely interested in what sort of terrain you would be driving where this would occur

I have a 6 mm construction grade aluminium bash plate and have landed heavily on it driving in sand hills and have put a bow in it. Soft sand does not rule out something solid or sharp being below it.
On the last trip I did on the Border Track & Big Desert one of our party fractured his Subaxtreme bash plate dropping off a sand hill. Hence he now has the same plate as I do.

A friend of mine puncture his sump on a rock and the motor was cooked before he realised he had a major issue.

As I said treat it as insurance. Small cost for protection.

Hi, how'd you go with the sump guard? I'm looking to get one too - from SubaXtreme.

Can I please ask if my car will go OK in the sand? I've just got a 2012 Outback 2.5i petrol auto. It dosen't have VDC or X-Mode, all it has is hill start, traction control and the flippy paddles for pseudo-gear changing.

I plan to get some A/T tyres, a bull bar and the guard.

Thank you!

You car will be fine on sand - Subies love sand! A less aggressive tyre tread is best for sand.

Agreed, Subies are great on sand! Air down to 16psi or 12psi if very soft or stuck, & make sure you wave to the stuck 4wds as you drive by lol

Btw, I thought all Subarus from about 2005 on had VDC. It will be part of the traction control system

Back