• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Introducing.....LIL' TIFF :p

I have no idea where the name "Lil Tiff" has come from but it's just the way it is. I'll put it on the licence plate soon enough. Maybe in pink? :rotfl: hahaha.

Anyhow. I thought I would start a journal because my subie is being modded fast. I don't see a lot of stuff out there on this model (2002 outback) so I hope to be of assistance to anyone who has the same vehicle and is looking to make some cool changes. Here she is now:

Got the ARB Awning installed onto my Yakima load warrior and a nice 4 foot firestick antenna for my CB radio.

Here is the way I went with mounting my CB. Surprisingly there is plenty of room for my legs and I don't even touch it. The speaker is facing out so it is plenty loud.

Here is an up close of my mounting method for the antenna. I thought this was the most "factory" looking install I could get. The antenna sits 2 feet over my roof and the quality of sound and transmissions i'm getting with it are amazing. I used some silicone around the mount to water proof it and bam! It works like a charm. Also, it's slightly behind the body of my car so brush and such doesn't come into contact with it.

Next week I hope to install my raised kings springs, kyb gr/2 excel struts all the way around and a .5" spacer in the front and rear along with the white line camber adjustment kit. The plan after that is some 28inch acturo trail blade XT tires. And then I am going to tint the windows and start working on other things like new lightweight crank pully and seeing what I can do with the exhaust to get a nice deep rumble.

How's she looking?

I'll post more mods as they come!

~Dan

Thats a massive bumper !

Seems it goes very low but good work overall.

With the design of the outback I couldnt find a way to make it any thinner at the donkey end. Obviously, the sides are a lot higher up than stock. Also, I think a part of the problem is that I need new springs because the weight of the bumper is sagging the donkey of the wagon down.

Alright. Had an awesome weekend in the Mt. Hood National forest. I got the raised king springs installed in the rear to help with the bumper weight and now she is a beast. In the process of waiting for my 4 inch kit from ADF and that should be installed by june for a total of 6 inches of lift. Killlingggg it.

At the shop

Before and after springs install

And some trail shots

Hey everyone. I haven't posted for a while now (mostly been instagramin) and today I got the itch to add some updates. After a lot of feed back I realized my initial bumper design was just way to big and hung way too low. So I did some more modification: I cut 4 inches off the bottom and rewelded new skirts on for the agressive look and this drastically increased my departure angle and overall utility while reducing weight:

Some other things I did was lower the height of the spare tire which also reduced some weight and increased visibility out the back window. Also, I added the ARB 2500 awning which has been awesome.

I would really like to upload some more photos but I am having some trouble so I will get to it later.

My 1999 Outback was the same colour as how yours started out. I am not sure if their were any visual changes between these years as your stock version looked just like mine did, at first glance at least. Lower spare wheel and smaller rear bar looks a lot better.

Back