more horse power

RogerO

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
auto CVT 2.5 non turbo
Anyway to modify my 2015 Forester 2.5 ( none turbo) to get more horsepower .thanks

sell it,
buy a Turbo variety
WIN

I have to agree. In addition, do you have an L and no paddle shifters or x-mode? If so, I would be worried about that first and above all.

It is surprising to me that of all US utility Subaru models today the one that is not really suitable for off-road is the most popular Foz version. I have already heard from a ranger about its inability to deal with steep hills. It makes sense, if it cannot be fixed in the equivalent of first.

The CVT FXT, on the other hand, is both fast and capable...

What is an H6? I love my forester and like the fact i do not have to buy premium gas and u get better gas mileage but as other subaru owners always looking to improve my subaru s performance. Any suggestion in improving horse power welcomed.

Simple place to start would be the basics, the air intake and the exhaust system. look to make both more free flowing. That is probably the easiest place to start, moving on from there look to get it tuned on a dyno.

Its never going to be a performance machine like a XT. best you can hope for without spending some big bucks is a few HP here and there.

Would not bother replacing the stock air intake unit. It's not a restriction. Just get a decent tune. Factory tune is crape.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nYXkKN1k7M"]Paul Walker Fast and Furious Need NOS scene - YouTube[/ame]

Anyway to modify my 2015 Forester 2.5 ( none turbo) to get more horsepower .thanks

You're wasting your money chasing power gains on non-turbo subaru engine. Also being a 2015 model anything that you do which produces meaningful results is going to void your new car warranty. Change the muffle so it sounds louder and you will trick your brain into thinking you have more horsepower than stock. It works for the kids :biggrin:

Getting a decent tune is pretty much your only option. But doing that or any other modification will void your warranty. And it will cost a fair bit with for a pretty small gain to be honest.

Unfortunately without a turbo there isnt a whole lot you can do for power really.

If this foz runs the same fb series engine as the brz I'd be looking over in their workshop to see what they do.

But remember that the fb is the brz is setup for "the market" to mod with good internals etc (if my memory serves me correctly). So your foz will just have the mass produced "will do the daily job" version.

So I'd be looking at internals then some form of boost. The fb has many aftermarket upgrades available - you just have to choose what you want and flog your wallet to get it...

Cheers

Bennie

If this foz runs the same fb series engine as the brz I'd be looking over in their workshop to see what they do.

But remember that the fb is the brz is setup for "the market" to mod with good internals etc (if my memory serves me correctly). So your foz will just have the mass produced "will do the daily job" version.

So I'd be looking at internals then some form of boost. The fb has many aftermarket upgrades available - you just have to choose what you want and flog your wallet to get it...

Cheers

Bennie

Pezimm is correct, BRZ has FA series - it's direct-injected unlike the FB and has different bore/stroke dimensions - the FA is 'square' in bore, 86x86mm

Back