making a gt forester tow better????

shano1988

hi guys i just brought a 99 gt forester...i love the car but would love more power and still be ok to tow my boat...i have done a 3" cat back exhaust. and was going to do the up pipe and headers and put on the td05 turbo with new topmount and bov...would this effect the towing much? if so wat can i do to get more power but still tow my boat good???? cheers

G'Day & Welcome Shano

All sounds like a good plan. Probably good to check over at ozfoz.com as there's lots of experience with GT's over there.

For towing you probably want as much low down as possible, so maybe a TD04 might provide this. I cannot see how a different BOV will help with towing, but a good TMIC is no bad thing. Why change the up pipe? This is generally only done on cars with a pre cat in the up pipe. Headers are something that often prove troublesome and at the end of the day generally are better for power than torque, but depending on the design can do a bit of both. With a dtandard set up you can still make 200kw ATW which is more than a car being modded with towing in mind would need. Torque wins on the street, even more so with towing involved so many of the go fast bits around could actually work against you.

Back