Lightbar + Worklights

Still haven't got any photos yet guys, sorry, been too busy camping and fishing. :ebiggrin:
No worries mate :iconwink:

As long as you're enjoying yourself & catching some fish, thats the main thing :biggrin:

Regards
Mr Turbo

Yeah sure am, I'm glad you understand! :cool: It's just the catching part that's the hard bit! :ebiggrin:

Finally got around to taking some photos tonight! :cool: Long since overdue I know!

OK, so when taking the photos, I kept the exposure (aperture and shutter speed) exactly the same in order to be able to compare between each different 'treatment': lowbeam, highbeam and highbeam + lightbar (L+H). Hope that makes sense...

Series 1:

Low
hx38.jpg

High
rjv.jpg

L + H
yf9u.jpg

Series 2:

Low
pbtd.jpg

High
kfbb.jpg

L + H
jaaf.jpg

Series 3:

Original Boot Light (yes it's actually on)

3c08.jpg

LED Boot Light
fty7.jpg

Other:

6jwo.jpg

Think that's about it! Keep in mind photos really doesn't do the lightbar justice (and I''m not just saying that). To really appreciate it's effectiveness, you have to go for a drive yourself at night! I've already lost count of the amount of times I think to myself, 'gee this is the best idea'.

It really comes into its own on windy tracks, both offroad and onroad and there sure are a lot I have found myself driving on since I've had it.

Anyway, any questions, feel free to ask. :iconwink:

And a photo taken with help from the fishing light on the side which lit up the trees nicely. :cool:

9512701819_f21d2b88ae_c.jpg
9512701819_f21d2b88ae_c.jpg

So it seems you have it far enough back on the roof so that the bonnet is not all lit up as well!

But what is it like for distance, or are they no good for distance light?

So it seems you have it far enough back on the roof so that the bonnet is not all lit up as well!

But what is it like for distance, or are they no good for distance light?

Correct! There is absolutely no light hitting the bonnet, even if I angle the lightbar down more. Its also mounted so that it's as far forward as the front roofrail will allow, so that worked out nicely. :)

That is sensational!!! :lildevil::monkeydance:

Glad you like it NL. :cool:

The lights and your workmanship look first-rate...would love to see this same shot with the lights off...those stars are incredible!

Thankyou twowings. I really should have got one with the light off, yes, but temperatures were too cold for me, and I wanted to get back to the fire! :iconwink:

What a magic, awesome photo :raz:
I too would have liked to have seen it without the trees being lit up, together with this one just to see a comparison :)
And I have to concur with twowings. Those stars are amazing :biggrin:

But getting back to the lightbar & how it lights up everything, its brilliant.
It certainly looks like some $$ well spent :ebiggrin:

Regards
Mr Turbo

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200578618_200578618
here are some lights I just picked up for my OB I also have 5 hella 500's on the basket and wired with 8 gauge wire. They wiring that came with the lights wasnt big enough to carr all the current required to run them. Of course the LEDS can use smaller guage stuff. But any way I thought I would share the link. They can be bolted together too. and they are identicle to the Vision X lights. Just off brand but same quality.

Vision X use to be big here in the states... seems like Rigid Industries is packing heat too... I think Rigid Industries has a lead on sales here in the states on LED light Bars.

What a magic, awesome photo :raz:
I too would have liked to have seen it without the trees being lit up, together with this one just to see a comparison :)
And I have to concur with twowings. Those stars are amazing :biggrin:

But getting back to the lightbar & how it lights up everything, its brilliant.
It certainly looks like some $$ well spent :ebiggrin:

Regards
Mr Turbo

Thanks MT! :cool: I guess taking one with the light off, all the trees would have been dark given there was a new moon, so a silhouette of the tree would be seen. :)

Certainly happy with the result given the amount of money spent!

How does -1 sound haha. :ebiggrin: Yeah I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to cold temps, much prefer roasting than freezing!

I'd call -1 freezing and 10 chilly. :ebiggrin:

For those still interested...

I did a quick run up the powerlines track (local but pretty famous track which follows the powerlines) last night and found another advantage in having the lightbar!

As the track is very bumpy and has lots of wheel ruts, your normal headlights will dip and rise with the undulations in the track. This makes it much more difficult so see whats coming ahead as your lights don't stay on the track. However, switch the lightbar on and it gives an excellent spread of light which doesn't dip and rise like the headlights do - instead it provides constant light on the track which I found was a massive help in where next to point the tyres...

Back