• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

ALNSM Overland

:iconwink:So did you talk to him about suspension upgrades?

He is building his Forester for overlanding and will probably do a "world tour" next year, not sure that he needs long travel suspension.

My game is to push the big fourbies to their limits and show them that a stock looking Forester can be redoubtable...most big fourbies hate me :lildevil:

If you look closely to the video, you can see that I went through the obstacles with relative ease, except I didn't want to spend 2 hours of cleaning after the mud pit so I just jumped it.

Would be a bit too large on our narrow trails !

that Sherp would be good. haha. i mean you can actually buy it and they will send it to you. i saw lots videos with sherp. it goes on anything , lake too.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if at least one of those Sherpas was lurking around in the tropics of Oz. They'd be rather useful in the wet.

Another video where we met, Subforest72, ALNSM Overland and I

in video that grean fory looks like spinning wheels often too fast, or is this how normal old school active AWD works on subaru? kinda aggressive aproach, no low gears ? thou you all on forrys there where going more for momentum. i guess just lack of power and torque.
and those old lands have seat so close to the door looks like person will fell off the door window . lol

The green Forester has a EJ251 upgrade but oem 4,11 diff ratio and oem 1,447 low range. Front shocks are standard KYB with 17,5cm stroke, rear are Outback BG with 22,5cm stroke and he has a rear Vlsd. The problem is he has the oem 4kg center diff so as soon as he lifts one wheel in the air, he spins that wheel.

You can't compare to my Forester, all the mods I did are very useful on and off road. He should upgrade his Forester this summer with my ex-Proflex coilovers, DCCD and maybe 1,59:1 low range. In the next video, he will be able to follow me !

but you went quite fast as well. i thought green one passed same places as you no ?

Sometimes I need momentum !

Yes, he did, but with more effort and many more attempts...not shown in the video, same for the green Defender.

He is building his Forester for overlanding and will probably do a "world tour" next year, not sure that he needs long travel suspension.

My game is to push the big fourbies to their limits and show them that a stock looking Forester can be redoubtable...most big fourbies hate me :lildevil:

If you look closely to the video, you can see that I went through the obstacles with relative ease, except I didn't want to spend 2 hours of cleaning after the mud pit so I just jumped it.

That's nice. I think the last round-the-world tour I know of is the Subaroute couple, where they covered, OZ to China, Russia, then back to Ireland. The forum is long gone now but according to them, they only had to change the rear shocks.

Back