Differences between Radiators

Fazed

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
Manual
I'm after A golpher alloy radiator. At the moment on ebay there is one for around $900 for an NA SG Forester but an XT version is around $300. From the picture of them both the only difference appear to be a slight difference in top hose inlet location and an extra smaller inlet on the XT version. If I weld up that extra inlet could this be used on a NA SG Forester?

If that is the only difference I could easily get that extra inlet welded up for way less than $600. Also I've asked the seller why the big price difference, but have got no response.

Hi Fazed,

Not sure why it would cost $900... That seems excessive. The $300 price tag for a Golpher is probably right. The extra inlet on the turbo version is because there is a coolant reservoir right on top of the turbo on the XTs and any excess coolant is routed back to the low pressure line back to the overflow tank.

Some people have had minor issues with fitting the fan assembly on their Golphers. Minor mods on the plastic frame may be required, just be mindful.

Another difference to be aware is Manual/Auto. The auto radiators have a transmission cooler loop on the bottom cool part of the radiator while the manuals don't.

In the not too distant past, I had to buy a new radiator. Ended up importing a KoyoRad from the USA and only paid around $480 delivered, just to give you some perspective.

Hope this helps,
Pedro.

Back