Modding My Cargo Barrier

I meant to ask this before....but whats the story behind the horse shoe & isn't it upside down ?

Regards
Mr Turbo

I meant to ask this before....but whats the story behind the horse shoe & isn't it upside down ?

OH NO it is upside down! ...all the good luck is draining out!!! :eek::shake:

Found it on the beach at Robe on my 1st trip on sand. Thought it would make a nice souvinir so kept it. Took a while to grind off the rust from who knows how long of lying on a beach lol, then painted it silver.

I figure its lucky cos its a horseshoe lol, plus while I had it in the car I've never needed to be snatched out. Since removing it I've been snatched/winched 4 times plus done all kinds of damage to the undertray/exhaust. Hopefully with it back in the damage will stop - the lift might also help haha :rotfl:

That's pure genius NL & Mr T! My cargo barrier also has those longer metal arms attached but they are just folded up at the base of the barrier. Now I know what they are for!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

My cargo barrier actually came standard with these lower extendable "legs" so as it could be mounted in either position :cool:

img0051esmall.jpg

img0052esmall.jpg

img0054esmall.jpg

If I want to move the barrier back to it's normal position, they just fold / swing back against the barrier itself, out of the way :iconwink:

Regards
Mr Turbo

Is the top mounted to anything or is it just the bottom arms and back of the front seats that hold the barrier Mr Turbo?

I've contemplated doing mine that way but was a bit worried about the top being held properly

Is the top mounted to anything or is it just the bottom arms and back of the front seats that hold the barrier Mr Turbo?
There's a couple of ways to secure the top.

Some people have adapted the child restraint fixtures in the roof :iconwink:
I'm not sure how they've done this but I know it can be done.
Maybe someone can help out with this :poke:

As for mine, the top is attached at the top via a bolt that's just under the ol' :censored: hang on handle.

Hope you understand where I mean & is also of some help :)

Regards
Mr Turbo

Back