ORS.com #1

Cool thread Tony! Good to see some L's rocking up! And check out that "young" beigewagon :p

May be some others would like to see the track that kicked it off. I haven't been there for a few years, so would be a good excuse to go back.

*Sticks my hand up* :lildevil:

Ooh, oh, pick me! pick me!

Cheers

Bennie

I think its a pity that this site makes no amenities for people to upload pictures so as to preserve them for posterity. One wipe out of a hosting site and all online content is wiped out including all the pictures.

Lesson learnt here

^ Gidday Tony

I agree.
That's the problem with the entire Internet.
It is ephemeral by its very nature.

Same goes for all digital data.

Or the great library at Alexandria, torched by a Christian mob after they murdered the librarian, Hypatia.

At least now we have the possibility of backing data up. I learned my lesson regarding this quite some decades ago.

How many people actually do it? Not very many ... :shrug: :cry:.

A good quality, powered 2 TB external HDD costs about $100 these days. I can remember quoting a client $3,500 each for 2x 338 MB HDDs in the early 1990s.

I have just recently found a heap of old ORS.com

Walhalla Woods Point Rd
fog_zpsftkulrxd.jpg

Last edited:
Gidday Tony

Terrific to see these old photos, mate. Good on you for taking the trouble to dig them out and upload them.

Hmmmm,

I think I left this trip around the Coopers Creek water crossing, after a mishap. This was when I discovered that L Series float, for a minute or two, before taking on water. I did start to contemplate a bilge pump after this.

I dont have any pics though, as I was driving (floating/sinking), and the camera got wet, along with several other items (phone, hand held CB's, wallet, etc)

We left the trip at this point, and proceded home under our own steam, literally, as we dried out.

Beigewagon.

Hmmmm,

I think I left this trip around the Coopers Creek water crossing, after a mishap. This was when I discovered that L Series float, for a minute or two, before taking on water. I did start to contemplate a bilge pump after this.

I dont have any pics though, as I was driving (floating/sinking), and the camera got wet, along with several other items (phone, hand held CB's, wallet, etc)

We left the trip at this point, and proceded home under our own steam, literally, as we dried out.

Beigewagon.

I will see what i can find Peter :lol:

Pezimm,

No, this was not a Subaru Vic 4wd club trip, this was an ORS forum trip. Some of us are / were Club members though. This would have been one of the bigger (in numbers) trips.

Beigewagon.

Nice pictures and Video. There was a good amount of water in the river then. That whole area looks so different now.

Back