Ben Up North

can only hope to improve
Car Year
2004 | 1992
Car Model
SG Forester X MY05 | 92 SVX
Transmission
5MT D/R | 4EAT
The interessting bit for me was the presenter suggesting Subaru provide manufacturer options for off road modifcations (at the end of the video, if you want to skip the all the fawning).

Not that I think they will do...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbGaLtzDSfw"]DON'T Buy The 2019 Subaru Forester Without Watching This... - YouTube[/ame]

... but [MENTION=2617]NachaLuva[/MENTION] have you ever thought about talking to Subaru themselves?

:cool:

Offroad mods suggestion at 11.05

Subaru won't do this, at least Subaru Australia won't. Such a shame, & about the same strategic brilliance (sarcasm) as not offering a ute, given their enormous popularity in the US & here

Damn I hate wading through so much waffle! I reckon I could have said the same ponts, but in a more condensed form, in about 5min. Why do these reviews always have to waffle on so much. Just because they love the sound of their own voice doesn't mean we do!

I lasted less than 15 seconds ...

My tolerance for hyperactive UTube videos is close to zero ...

I can read very quickly, and don't mind doing that, but this video stuff gets to me very, very quickly.

Thanks for the link anyway Ben.

I lasted less than 15 seconds ...

My tolerance for hyperactive UTube videos is close to zero ...

I can read very quickly, and don't mind doing that, but this video stuff gets to me very, very quickly.

Thanks for the link anyway Ben.

Same here!

Offroad mods suggestion at 11.05

Thanks, NL. That cut out an awful lot of crap ...

Subaru won't do this, at least Subaru Australia won't. Such a shame, & about the same strategic brilliance (sarcasm) as not offering a ute, given their enormous popularity in the US & here
Agree. This is a seriously missed tactical (added value) and strategic identification (better brand/niche/use case) opportunity. Like when they originally marketed the Outback with a space saver spare - sheer lunacy :exclaim:. Even enter into a partnership with an existing local manufacturer - ARB or SubaXtreme spring readily to mind.

Damn I hate wading through so much waffle! I reckon I could have said the same ponts, but in a more condensed form, in about 5min. Why do these reviews always have to waffle on so much. Just because they love the sound of their own voice doesn't mean we do!
Absolutely agree ...

I would assume that the partnership with off-road mods can just be limited to the dealer side. When I watched Subaru's videos about their principles, they specifically said that they are shooting after the balance wherein the driver can do some off-roading and still rip through the bends like their other models. It still nice to see off-road mods offered even to the nice market.

Subaru's market cap usually decides that as the mods services/parts still have to be profitable. Perhaps, Toyota's ever-increasing shareholding can help in the future.

Thanks, Ben for posting this. I also have zero tolerance for watching videos with such sort of jolly editing. I prefer watching those that get straight to the point. Cheers.

Back