Barra

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Brumby
Transmission
4 speed manual
Hi Folks,

I have heard all sorts of talk about putting a Weber carb onto my EA81. My Brumby is unmodified, stock everything as far as i know. My Brumby is a little slow on take off and gets better as you go through the gears. I'm not after a rocket, just an decent improvement. I have replaced all plugs leads cap rotor plug coil and valve timing.

I do have a couple of questions:
-which Weber
-Electric or manual choke
-which jets
-does it matter that I have the small base at the moment (should I find a manifold with the larger base - don't want to do any really difficult changes)
-who on the northside of Brisbane or the Sunshine coast would you recommend to do it?
and
-is it worth the $700 or $800 to do it (performance wise - without do any other mods)?

Thanks in advance most knowledgeable folk.;)

Barra

For that price you're about half way there for an EJ conversion if you DIY.

There's a thread on ausubaru.com by "Willy Fisterbottom" about rejetting the hitachi carb and how this is a better option over the weber for drivability and fuel economy. Plus it keeps your engine stock.

When was the last time you did a full carb overhaul? This is pretty important for a carb to begin with!
Also check your butterfly shafts for play as any play in this area will lean out the mixture and effect performance.

Cheers

Bennie

Hey Folks,

An EJ conversion is probably a great idea. I might start looking through the threads.

Have a great afternoon,

Barra

Back