Go Back   OFFROADSUBARUS.COM > Technical Forums > Under the Bonnet/Hood

Notices

Unread 18th December 2017, 01:53 AM
Forum Member

Year: 2001
Model: Outback '01, 2.5 NA , VDC
Transmission: 4eat
scalman is on a distinguished road

Thanks all but now more confusion for me. As i understood rear o2 sensor doesnt impact on engine in any wah just puts code . and code for me is not problem but just how car drives is. Worse thing if it catalyst itself and i will change o2 sensors and nothing will change. That would be bad mood for christmas.
Thing is i no getting any extra codes just that p0420 . if i would just fix that code and car would drive same badly its no point .
Same as those links i read lots more about it allready and on other places ppl where saying thats it can be even air flow sensor too.
Fuel presure regulator shouldnt be because its runs same on lpg too so its not just petrol or jusy lpg its same on both. So must be something with air mix or exaust
Unread 18th December 2017, 04:27 PM
Forum Member

i guess its good thing to change O2 sensors as they need to be change after some time, at least Bosch says that every 160000 they need to be changed. so its good thing to do anyways. just not cheap one.
Unread 18th December 2017, 04:33 PM
Forum Member

jf1sf5 is on a distinguished road

You can find cheap ones on ebay. Look for Blueprint, a Bilstein/Febi company but made in Japan !
Unread 18th December 2017, 05:12 PM
Forum Member

well bosch and Denso ones are like about 90 for front O2 and about 30 for rear one. in other places they cost more yes. like 120 just for Bosch front O2 sensor. and we dont have those cheap ones. thats wierd because all other parts we have from blueprint or febi or else. but O2 sensors we dont have any cheaper ones here.
i saw cheap ones for forester 2.0 engines but not for 2.5 as i need . so i guess they no cheap for 2.5
Unread 18th December 2017, 09:59 PM
Forum Member

Year: 2004
Model: SG Forester X 2.5 Turbo
Transmission: D/R 1.446, Twin Lockers, Front LSD, 4.44
Rally is on a distinguished road

Have you adjusted the idle control motor? Not sure if it is possible on the n/a engine, but have a look
Unread 28th December 2017, 12:29 PM
Forum Member

does O2 sensors responsible for bad accelerations as i checked before and now my times on torque android app are :
0-30mph - 10 s
0-60mph - 17-19s
it can show HP too so it showed 124.1 hp on 2862rpm. but mostly if i check on that it shows about 70 hp.
i mean by internet even 1996 legacy outback did 0-60 in 9.7s. and i do 0-30mph in 10s ...
didint measured compression yet. that maybe one thing left that i didnt checked yet.
i mean im still not sure if thats only O2 sensors fault. could it be exaust ? catalyst? or no. just other day cleaned PCV valve and IACV they where not bad not so dirty and were not stuck.
like is there some method to what check in what order to get to problem ? i cant just change all sensors by guessing.
when i accelerate and i go pass 4k rpm sound of engine becoming kinda worrying. like valves metalic kinda click.

wait what .. ?
http://marksautocare.com.au/subaru-outback-abs-light-on
rear brake light bulbs can make your fuel messed up and loose power ? subaru what ? ... lol

Quote:
I watched him fix it, by pressing the brake pedal, and while pressed, changing both of the rear brake light globes for different ones. He said he found the solution on some technical forum somewhere. It's like I've got a new car.
..?
i think tho my rear brake bulbs working

a tow bar can make you loose power ?
Quote:
My Subaru Liberty wagon 2005 lost power dramatically, becoming an embarrassment up hill... this out of the blue (or as we thought), just after having installed the tow bar. Thinking it was the fuel filter, we changed that and there was no improvement. A few hours drive later, both the tail lights were gone. After reading your post, we concluded there was a connection between the tow bar and tail lights and loss of power. We changed the bulbs and disconnected the tow bar cables, and the car power was back to normal.
thats some next level stupid problem there.. haha
Unread 29th December 2017, 12:42 PM
Forum Member

Unplug the O2 sensor and see what happens. It should run rich all the time meaning your engine will be thirsty.
Unread 29th December 2017, 02:58 PM
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jf1sf5 View Post
Unplug the O2 sensor and see what happens. It should run rich all the time meaning your engine will be thirsty.
so whats changes would be then ? more power ? must run better ? i should feel it goes better ? and if its runs same then what? and if its runs differently then what ?
Unread 29th December 2017, 04:18 PM
Forum Member

The O2 sensor sends signals to the ecu only when the engine is hot. Before that, the engine runs rich because there is no signal from the O2 sensor. If you unplug the O2 sensor, you will always run rich and you shouldn't feel differences but your engine will be thirsty. When unplugged, if nothing changes, you will know that its not the O2 sensor and if it feels different, it probably is a faulty O2 sensor...
Unread 29th December 2017, 04:25 PM
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jf1sf5 View Post
The O2 sensor sends signals to the ecu only when the engine is hot. Before that, the engine runs rich because there is no signal from the O2 sensor. If you unplug the O2 sensor, you will always run rich and you shouldn't feel differences but your engine will be thirsty. When unplugged, if nothing changes, you will know that its not the O2 sensor and if it feels different, it probably is a faulty O2 sensor...
so best unplug on hot engine then yes? because on cold there is no point. ok ill try it then. i thought of that too.